Username
Password
Less Than Jake News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Less Than Jake
Inside AP.net

Epic Less Than Jake Live DVD

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (05/02/11)
Less Than Jake will release a DVD digipack entitled Anthology on June 21 via Sleep It Off Records. Three discs will feature the band performing their first six albums in their entirety live, while the final DVD includes footage spanning the band's touring career. Press release in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 29.
01:22 PM on 05/02/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.

Press ReleaseGainesville, FL - When you're as frenetic and consistently on-the-go as LESS THAN JAKE, you need to release that energy somehow. On June 21, 2011, these punk/pop/ska rockers are unleashing a whole lot of energy by way of a four DVD digipack called ANTHOLOGY on their own label, Sleep It Off Records. With over eight hours of music spanning six records, Anthology is a collection of live performances of each of their albums in sequence: Pezcore (1995), Losing Streak (1996), Hello Rockview (1998), Borders & Boundaries (2000), Anthem (2003) and In With the Out Crowd (2006).

Recorded in their home state of Florida, the band played two nights each in St. Petersburg, Orlando and Jacksonville during the winter of 2007, capturing each of the shows in three different venues. A bonus DVD is included, jam-packed with footage spanning the band's touring career with clips dating as far back as the mid 90's up to present day. Each concert DVD was recorded with high definition cameras and multi-tracked audio, and edited by band members Buddy Schaub and mixed by Roger Manganelli.

Well-known for the intensity of their live performances, Less Than Jake pull out all the stops for Anthology, something that they pretty much do for every show. "Less Than Jake knows that the focus of their shows is the music, and they always deliver a typically high-energy, dynamic set," praised PopMatters. "Their shows are nothing short of perfect... on a scale of 1 to 10, the concert was at least a 29," lauds Punknews. "All those years on the road have only made LTJ better showmen," chimes Seattle Weekly. "I've never seen anyone rock out so hard with a trombone, or egg on a mosh pit as aggressively with a saxophone." Anthology captures LTJ's unbridled enthusiasm and bottles it onto four DVDs.

With their headlining slots on Tavares, FL's Rock Steady Fest on May 7th and the full Warped Tour this Summer, Less Than Jake aren't planning on slowing down anytime soon.
01:23 PM on 05/02/11
sleepyseanzzz
Get in that ass, Larry!
User Info.
Yes!!!!
01:24 PM on 05/02/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
This will be so awesome! Ridiculously fun band to watch live, and more bands need to record themselves when they do these full album shows!
01:26 PM on 05/02/11
fullerm
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
holy fuck holy fuck this is great news. Saw them on their recent tour and was really just the same old greatest hits set. I wanna hear more GNV FLA and B-Sides. YAY.

Should have read it first now I'm super disappointed. fuck
01:26 PM on 05/02/11
sleepyseanzzz
Get in that ass, Larry!
User Info.
ive been complaining that we havent had a new LTJ album since 08 (besides tv/ep) this more than makes up for it, also think that b is for b-sides stands alone as an album
01:42 PM on 05/02/11
Tony
Fuckface Extraordinaire
User Info.
Didn't the reissues of their albums include DVDs of full album performances? Are these those same shows? Not that it matters, I never got the reissues, so I'll definitely be picking this up. I was just curious, is all.
01:42 PM on 05/02/11
smelltheglove
youarealldumbemokids
User Info.
stoked! such a great idea to put all those full album shows together.
01:47 PM on 05/02/11
sleepyseanzzz
Get in that ass, Larry!
User Info.
i wish they came w a digital copy
01:52 PM on 05/02/11
trolland10
Listen to Limbeck
User Info.
holy shit this is sweet
01:58 PM on 05/02/11
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
Fuckin' A. Can't wait to get my hands on this. One of the best live bands ever.
02:30 PM on 05/02/11
fallingapart101
fallingapart1016
User Info.
I have the re-releases with the DVD's and I thought the goal was to get the rights for each release and release all those performances. I guess they couldn't from Warner and Fat Wreck, hence this. But maybe later in the future?
02:36 PM on 05/02/11
Kobrakai09
Yeah, this is love.
User Info.
Don't listen to this band, but so awesome that they're releasing 6 albums as a live DVD.
02:51 PM on 05/02/11
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
Gimmie dat.
03:28 PM on 05/02/11
Jet Set Paul
User Info.
This is awesome! I'll definitely check it out whenever it's released. Now all we need is a new album! GNV. FLA. was so good--I can't wait for the follow-up!
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests