Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts
06:09 PM on 05/16/11
AnotherMileston
Yeah? Yeah.
User Info.
I wanted to like this album so much but it just seemed almost too thought out. This was the first album I've listened to of theirs and felt like they were reallllyyyy trying to make music. And honestly I think it has a lot to do with the change in drummers. Some tracks were great for drums but some felt very disconnected. I hope it grows on me but I am just not enjoying it. It's hard not to compare it so heavily to Virgin or METN. Their first album was so hauntingly quiet and raw. It rocked at points but i felt like I could always feel it in my bones. METN was such a good loud rock album. It was still lyrically heart stopping but 10 times more intense and distorted. I loved how loud it was. SM is kinda in the middle, I think it went more for an artistic approach and, to me, it felt forced. Lyrics were still top notch and some songs were really incredible but some I was just like "I don't understand why this noise goes with these words". Hard to explain. They always had a musical depth to go with their lyrics and I think this album lacked that in some songs.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos