AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 169
11:31 AM on 05/04/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
thanks man. I've probably rewritten this thing about five times over the last week. I totally agree with the above statement. that's what pissed me off about the p4k review of METN.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was going off of. But it's ironic, because if he wrote "teen angst" lyrics, Pitchfork wouldn't even touch it. That's what boggled me - what do they want from the dude? I really hope they review the album, though. Again, I enjoyed yr take....and I fucking love the Blood Bros. One of the scariest most awesome lives bands I've ever seen
11:46 AM on 05/04/11
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
Great review even better album. I liked upon first listen, but every listen builds my opinion. This is my AOTY and although I'm awaiting some great ones (Modest Mouse, Shins, TBS, Blink, STD, Weatherbox etc.) I think my winners already here!
12:03 PM on 05/04/11
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
User Info.
AOT-fucking-Y
12:03 PM on 05/04/11
nowFace
Merry xmas from The Sopranos.
User Info.
when does this come out and would this be a good album to start Manchesters discography with? I wanna start getting into them.
12:12 PM on 05/04/11
jdr277
User Info.
when does this come out and would this be a good album to start Manchesters discography with? I wanna start getting into them.
may 10. Thats a tough question... Every album is spectacular even their less know "Nobody Sings Anymore." The best place to start would be with the singles from METN. "Shake It Out" & "I've Got Friends." After that any album will do thy're isn't a bad song on any of the cds.
12:24 PM on 05/04/11
FUCKDIRTYWIPES
Kicking it middle school
User Info.
Such a good fucking record. Saw these guys last night for the fourth time, and it was BY FAR the best performance by them.
12:31 PM on 05/04/11
mrgenious
in her arms you will never starve
User Info.
so good. first listen I saw potential, second listen I loved it.
12:32 PM on 05/04/11
jdr277
User Info.
Thank you for the review! Again I find new bands by reading this. The Colour Revolt and The Snake The Cross and The Crown are amazing can't believe I never heard of em.
12:38 PM on 05/04/11
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
Thank you for the review! Again I find new bands by reading this. The Colour Revolt and The Snake The Cross and The Crown are amazing can't believe I never heard of em.
so stoked for Colour Revolt to get that opening slot on the TBS/Thursday tour. be sure to check out all their stuff. the earlier stuff is a little heavier, but still great.

The Snake the Cross the Crown. get everything. one of my all time favorite bands. Just beyond amazing.
12:38 PM on 05/04/11
Adam Pfleider
User Info.
Yeah, that's exactly what I was going off of. But it's ironic, because if he wrote "teen angst" lyrics, Pitchfork wouldn't even touch it. That's what boggled me - what do they want from the dude? I really hope they review the album, though. Again, I enjoyed yr take....and I fucking love the Blood Bros. One of the scariest most awesome lives bands I've ever seen
you just can't win with those guys. it sucks, because they're REALLY good writers. but there's an elitist/bullshit tinge to their choices sometimes which sucks.
12:45 PM on 05/04/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Great review even better album. I liked upon first listen, but every listen builds my opinion. This is my AOTY and although I'm awaiting some great ones (Modest Mouse, Shins, TBS, Blink, STD, Weatherbox etc.) I think my winners already here!

Oooooo Weatherbox and The Shins. Gonna be a good year.
12:46 PM on 05/04/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
you just can't win with those guys. it sucks, because they're REALLY good writers. but there's an elitist/bullshit tinge to their choices sometimes which sucks.

True to a point - most of the time I can't argue with their Best New Music picks though.
12:49 PM on 05/04/11
Adam Pfleider
User Info.
True to a point - most of the time I can't argue with their Best New Music picks though.
exactly, and sometimes the best new music picks are meh...that said, should have my tune-yards review up tonight/tomorrow...that album is incredible, and I didn't like her previous work at all...
12:51 PM on 05/04/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
exactly, and sometimes the best new music picks are meh...that said, should have my tune-yards review up tonight/tomorrow...that album is incredible, and I didn't like her previous work at all...

Yeah, haven't got around to listening to it, but one our writers reviewed it and loved it too. I'll look for it! Thanks.
12:58 PM on 05/04/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.

personally, I would start with Mean Everything then Simple Math then go backwards. If you start too early, the new stuff might seem pretty jarring.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos