Username
Password
Yesterdays Rising News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Yesterdays Rising
Inside AP.net

Yesterday's Rising Parts With Fearless And Drummer

Posted by: Rohan Kohli (04/08/07)
Yesterday's Rising has parted ways with both Fearless Records and drummer Jamie Ethridge, who decided to leave the band to join Scary Kids Scaring Kids.
Message From The Band Dearest fans, on this day we would like to thank all of you for your love and support. We hope all of you are well, and staying happy. We would like to inform everybody on a couple changes we have gone through over the past month or so. Before we let you know, we would like to say that in our eyes, these changes are for the better.

First off, Jamie (our drummer) has decided to leave the band to join Scary Kids Scaring Kids. We want everybody to know that we support Jamie in his decision, and there are no hard feelings between him and Yesterdays Rising. What we must understand here, is that changes are a part of life....they happen all of the time no matter what we try and do to avoid them so the only thing we can do is remain positive - and find solutions to reach our goals in this ocean of dreams that we live in.

Now, on a lighter note we are proud to annouce that we have found a new drummer that has joined us on this "journey". His name is Ryan Magdaleno (magnum), and we have been practicing with him for about 3 weeks now so that he can learn all of the songs for our next album, as well as put in his own little taste. For anybody that is curious about his style of playing, I personally would compare him to a Refused / Mars Volta drummer.
He is going to bring so much to the table in our band, and we couldn't be more excited. Some of you may have seen him on MTV in early 2000 getting drum lessons from Travis Barker on Diary of Blink 182.

The other thing we would like everybody to know, is that we are no longer on Fearless Records. We are currently seeking new label representation. The down side of this, is that our record for now - has been put on a hold while we do this. However, we want everybody to know that this situation and others like it, will never make us give up. We hope that you all understand that things like this in the industry happen, and once again - the only thing we can do is remain positive and find the best solution for ourselves. We already have most of the songs for the new album written, but we are continuing to write more just to be able to pick and choose the best possible songs for the next cd. Also, we are planning on touring as soon as we sort all of this out. We want to tour and meet every single one of you again - so keep that in mind and try to remain positive with us.

We hope all of you understand, and continue to support us simply because we are NOT giving up. We love you all so much, and we thank you for your understanding.

Oh, and one more thing - we have new merch that we are trying to get online so that while we are getting things in order, you guys can purchase some nice new YR hoodies, and shirts.

Best wishes,

Brandon
YR

Submitted by: whothehellru171

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 26.
07:34 PM on 04/08/07
falloutcollapse
mr. banana grabber
User Info.
i love scary kids...
07:34 PM on 04/08/07
Smokecrow420
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
why does it have to be on hold? DIY BOYS! D! I! Y!
07:41 PM on 04/08/07
keeplioving
sell my old clothes
User Info.
I'd never leave a band to join SKSK....
07:48 PM on 04/08/07
whothehellru171
User Info.
haha i'm totally famous...i submitted that
07:48 PM on 04/08/07
sasalukac
giddy up
User Info.
hahaha that's the only episode of that show that i ever saw, the one where travis teaches some other drummer... i don't think travis was very pleased with him, but then again, it's been 7 years
07:52 PM on 04/08/07
Iamhome
for now.
User Info.
I guess their (scary kids) drummer for the Take Action Tour didn't work out...
07:55 PM on 04/08/07
Name_Taken
Registered Abuser
User Info.
damn, great drummer. on old tracks like Time Holds The Truth the drums were sick as hell. good luck to him, Scary Kids is another great band. also im lookin forward to the new YR album i hope its a lil like their first EP.
08:02 PM on 04/08/07
leftstranded
myspace.com/leftstranded
User Info.
makes things very interesting for this band

i hope they get shit back together in enough time to possibly play warped tour or something. the only time they ever come to cleveland is on warped, and they are fucking amazing live
08:12 PM on 04/08/07
LMacKinnon
User Info.
...when did justin salter permanently quit sksk?
08:16 PM on 04/08/07
falloutboy.
yo
User Info.
i like scary kids, good addition for them
08:26 PM on 04/08/07
AdamWASFearless
The Rational Voice of AP.net
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The band getting dropped doesn't surprise me. I could have predicted that at least a year ago. IN any case the YR guys are good kids and if they work hard, get their asses back out on the road they'll do well. It's no longer 2004 fellas!
08:33 PM on 04/08/07
spike22988
I'm growing.
User Info.
This band is definitely better than scary kids in my opinion. Lightworker wasn't a smash, but I thought it was more experimental and I got a lot out of it. I think if more people were looking for creative music these days that Lightworker would have gotten a little more recognition and approval. The new demos sound bomb and I hope they find a good label. East/West maybe? I feel like they would do well for a band like this, as they have done with TREOS. POICE
08:40 PM on 04/08/07
AdamWASFearless
The Rational Voice of AP.net
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
East/West maybe? I feel like they would do well for a band like this, as they have done with TREOS. POICE

Fearless is a part of the East/West system.
08:54 PM on 04/08/07
KevinSince85
Someone Give Me A Drink
User Info.
This band died long time ago when they released their first e.p. Hopefully they can do a comeback.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS