AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Myspace News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Message From The Graduate

Posted by - 11:50 AM on 04/10/07
Corey Warning of The Graduate has left the following message in a myspace bulletin. The band's new album Anhedonia is out now.
Message From The BandHey everyone. I just wanted to write something to send out to all of you since it's kind of a special day for us. We've been waiting since the beginning of the year to get this thing out and Apr 10 is finally here! We couldn't be more excited to share this album with all of you, and we hope that you will take some time today to go pick up the album in a store, off iTunes, where ever you can find it.

I know a lot of you have already downloaded our album. We actually had some girls at a show last night tell us they wouldn't buy our CD because they knew they could just download it off limewire when they got home. THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT! Everyone downloads music these days, we get that. Hell, we're guilty of it ourselves sometimes. But if you really like what you hear, we ask that you drop a few bucks and go pick up the album. If you're not that into it, cool, but we could really use the support. The next few weeks are going to be more important for our band than even we realize, so if you're broke or don't want to drop the cash, at least reach out to some friends. Maybe let them hear some tracks, help spread the word! We still have our Ecard up, where you can send an email to 5 friends and recieve a free DVD from IconMES Records. Pretty cool.

To all our new friends (I just woke up and added 60 pages of friend requests today) Hello and nice to meet you! I'm sure most of you saw us on a feature on the Myspace music page, so thanks for taking the time to check out our band and add us.

Thank you to everyone who has supported us from the start, and to everyone that has taken an interest in our band just recently. It's a great feeling to know people are listening to our music and getting in to what we're doing. It's all you. Today feels like it's going to be the beginning of something, and I can't wait for the rest of this year. We're going to be on tour forever, and we always hang out by the merch booth, so please come say hi at a show. We'd love to meet you.

Thanks again, we hope you enjoy listening to Anhedonia as much as we enjoyed creating it.

Love,
Corey Warning

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 30
11:58 AM on 04/10/07
JIMMYateEARTH
One Angery Puddy-tat
User Info.
I went to Best nuy to pick this up and they didn't have it. They only got one copy in I guess I was to slow. So I'm gonna order it on best buy.com. It's 9.99 and free shipping
12:03 PM on 04/10/07
Sneak Peek
User Info.
what a genuine dude. I bought the cd and i love it.
12:11 PM on 04/10/07
permanentdan
User Info.
i hope for good things for those guys. theyre awesome.
12:24 PM on 04/10/07
thechrisformat
let's tune out
User Info.
i got this cd on saturday, and i hope it does really well. they sound like real nice guys.
12:27 PM on 04/10/07
Brett9
a creative username?
User Info.
it's nice to see a band who understands the music community of today, instead of crying about too many people downloading their new album. I'm 100% behind them, and totally agree - if anyone downloaded this album, do your part and show these guys some love by buying it. Sure, they're barely seeing a cent of your purchase, but their future success as a band is in the NUMBERS - not the dollars - over the next couple weeks. Great album, by the way.
12:33 PM on 04/10/07
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
yeah i also went to bestbuy and they didnt have it. i guess i'll have to order it online.
12:37 PM on 04/10/07
dpatrickguy
User Info.
i got it off limewire like a month early, then bought it off itunes. and now i plan on buying it again because i like to have the actual cd with a booklet and stuff
12:44 PM on 04/10/07
JIMMYateEARTH
One Angery Puddy-tat
User Info.
i got it off limewire like a month early, then bought it off itunes. and now i plan on buying it again because i like to have the actual cd with a booklet and stuff

Thats the spirit.

I love this bands EP, and the release of this cd snuck up on me. I so I was hoping that best buy would have it, since it was on sale I assumed they would have plenty of copies. But the free shipping online made up for thier lack of not having it in store.
12:48 PM on 04/10/07
AShannon04
http://drewshannon.net
User Info.
I've had the leaked copy for awhile, but love the album, so I picked it up from Best Buy today. And those are fucking stupid, btw. Why would someone admit that they won't be buying the album?
12:50 PM on 04/10/07
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
yeah.. i dont get why they admitted it either. pretty dumb.
12:50 PM on 04/10/07
JIMMYateEARTH
One Angery Puddy-tat
User Info.
I've had the leaked copy for awhile, but love the album, so I picked it up from Best Buy today. And those are fucking stupid, btw. Why would someone admit that they won't be buying the album?

I was wondering the same thing
12:51 PM on 04/10/07
savesthedave28
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Great record.
12:52 PM on 04/10/07
cory-182
User Info.
I downloaded their free EP off their purevolume site a while ago and I loved it. I wasn't blown away by this new one though. I'll buy it when I get some money though.
01:03 PM on 04/10/07
captainamazing4
@team_newton
User Info.
they sound like a bunch of really good guys. i hope everything works out well for them :]

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos