rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
good stuff. stoked for the new album
05:00 AM on 05/10/11
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
If The Best I Ever Had is an indication of the whole record, I'm beyond excited. Looking forward to these guys on the Take Action tour
06:11 AM on 05/10/11
Protested Hero
Jon
User Info.
Once they release a vinyl pre-order, they'll have my dolla-bills yo.
07:02 AM on 05/10/11
AFSjulian
I am your big brother.
User Info.
They're alright, but a member of the band making a statement like "we made one of the biggest sounding rock records I've heard in the last five years" is unappealing to me for some reason. I've always had them ranked in between bands in this resurgence of Pop Punk that I love (ex. The Wonder Years) and the bands I just can't get into (ex. Man Overboard), but I really like "The Best I've Ever Had", so maybe this will be the record that makes me a real fan. Either way... less talk, more rock.
07:32 AM on 05/10/11
rick.rhoades
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They're alright, but a member of the band making a statement like "we made one of the biggest sounding rock records I've heard in the last five years" is unappealing to me for some reason. I've always had them ranked in between bands in this resurgence of Pop Punk that I love (ex. The Wonder Years) and the bands I just can't get into (ex. Man Overboard), but I really like "The Best I've Ever Had", so maybe this will be the record that makes me a real fan. Either way... less talk, more rock.
Listen to some music they made before The Best I Ever Had. There is no convincing necessary because this band's lyrics, musicianship and song structure have blown other bands out of the water for years in this mixed genre of wanna-be's and actual musicians. He's not bragging with that statement, he's letting us know we are in for the record of the year.
07:47 AM on 05/10/11
AFSjulian
I am your big brother.
User Info.
Listen to some music they made before The Best I Ever Had. There is no convincing necessary because this band's lyrics, musicianship and song structure have blown other bands out of the water for years in this mixed genre of wanna-be's and actual musicians. He's not bragging with that statement, he's letting us know we are in for the record of the year.
You clearly didn't understand my post if you think "The Best I Ever Had" is the first I've listened to them. I said I've got them ranked in the middle, meaning I'm on the fence about them, meaning that I've not only listened to, but been underwhelmed by mostly all of their music previous to that song. I respect your opinion and get that you're a big Swellers fan, but I still am not into what he said. It's just too lofty of a statement to make.
08:14 AM on 05/10/11
NickDanger
User Info.
not saying its the biggest or best, just sonically this thing crushes, compared to what I've personally been hearing in music lately. That's bill stevensons fault. For four sweaty-assed dudes who grew up playing (and still do play) basements, I'm pretty stoked on what I've done with my guitar. Not sorry if my comments seemed lofty, but thanks to anyone who recognizes that we keep it real. #nocartooncharactervocalists #staynega
08:22 AM on 05/10/11
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
totally stoked for this. not going to pre-order the album because it's in June and I''ll need the money for the wonder years pre-order package, but I'm sure I'll buy it soon.

this way they'll be a little happier too

I wish this tour would come to Portugal/Spain
08:52 AM on 05/10/11
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
I will vouch for the hugeness and awesomeness of this album. It's killer.
09:17 AM on 05/10/11
kaylasananjou
Count Your Lucky Stars Records / Kayla
User Info.
Once again, I have no words for how excited I am for this to come out.

I wish it was May 25th, so I could be at the Take Action Tour, seeing them live. haha.
09:26 AM on 05/10/11
joe.boy.fresh.
Registered Member
User Info.
i cant wait to hear some of the new tunes live on Wednesday! so stoked, amazing AMAZING band
09:28 AM on 05/10/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
not saying its the biggest or best, just sonically this thing crushes, compared to what I've personally been hearing in music lately. That's bill stevensons fault. For four sweaty-assed dudes who grew up playing (and still do play) basements, I'm pretty stoked on what I've done with my guitar. Not sorry if my comments seemed lofty, but thanks to anyone who recognizes that we keep it real. #nocartooncharactervocalists #staynega
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests