Username
Password
Mayday Parade News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 84.
01:51 PM on 05/10/11
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
Same. Only complaint I have about it is the flow, but for a debut, it is good.
With 10 tracks instead of 14, would have been perfect!
01:52 PM on 05/10/11
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
EVEN MORE ACCURATE.
Sad but true!
02:02 PM on 05/10/11
Clockwork00
Write it on the walls and read it.
User Info.
I'm really excited for this. ABH was definitely a disappointment, but I still enjoy it every now and then. Honestly, I would be fine with mediocre lyrics if the next album just has the passion that ABH was missing.
02:04 PM on 05/10/11
HeavenResign
Registered Member
User Info.
Band admits it made a shitty album, but I'm willing to give them a second chance if this is good. And if they stop playing the songs from Anywhere But Here live and I'll start coming to their shows again.

Quote:
Unfortunately, in previous interviews when ABH was released, Justin discussed how proud he was of the album and the music etc. Hindsight is 20/20 so claiming now that 'it was the label's fault' just seems like BS.

Truth. He played the "major label will get us big!" game, and it didn't work...and they're left with a shitty album and unhappy fans.
02:07 PM on 05/10/11
mygreentshirt
MARADONA/LAUREN WILHELM
User Info.
Above all else, Jason essentially wrote every song/lyric on ALIR. Ultimately, him not being in the band is the number one reason why Anywhere But Here wasn't good. Because he wasn't there to make it good.

Jason absolutely did not write every song on that record or ANY record. The pop/feeling in the songs that go radios new album was missing (coming from the majority or comments about it on this site) will be found in maydays new record. I am completely bias but I am in love with even the rough mixes of this cd. You will not be let down.
02:07 PM on 05/10/11
anamericangod
User Info.
With 10 tracks instead of 14, would have been perfect!
I'm inclined to agree with this.
02:12 PM on 05/10/11
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Hope it's like ALIR more so than ABH
02:14 PM on 05/10/11
HeavenResign
Registered Member
User Info.
The pop/feeling in the songs that go radios new album was missing (coming from the majority or comments about it on this site) will be found in maydays new record..

I still feel that's mainly due to Zack and Kenneth as producers. They produced the Go Radio EP and you could hear it right away. They didn't produce the Go Radio album and I think you can hear that too, but the Go Radio album still kills ABH. Now that Mayday's back producing with them, I don't think you have a real control to prove that it's the guys from Mayday that create that strong pop but emotive feeling.

Here's to hoping it's a better record, which is what everyone wants.
02:17 PM on 05/10/11
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Won't lie. I'm stoked for a new hopefully better cd than last.
02:37 PM on 05/10/11
mattregan
www.twitter.com/vipregan
User Info.
Yet you still play these songs live.
03:04 PM on 05/10/11
NoUse2808
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think when you listen to the latest from Mayday and Go Radio its pretty clear who did what in Mayday.
03:10 PM on 05/10/11
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
This. I always thought Jason and Derrick were the modern day "Lazzara/Mascherino", just a great songwriting duo. And I agree with your Go Radio comment, my only gripe is the record is too long, it really would have benefitted if it were 11 songs, maybe 12.
I think it's more like Lazzara and Nolan on which Nolan is a great songwriter, and Adam isn't as good but still decent. However, just as mayday needs lancasters songwriting, Lancaster could use Derek's voice, because in my opinion that's what missing from the go radio album.
03:14 PM on 05/10/11
Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
they better shut up before the illuminati gets them
03:23 PM on 05/10/11
cshadows2887
User Info.
Can't say them admitting that they were cool with releasing an album they didn't care much about makes me have more faith in what they're going to do as artists.
03:24 PM on 05/10/11
now-smile
Cait 182 :)
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love him! He has a great voice and personality. Him and Mayday Parade should consider touring with Sparks The Rescue or something! They have a new album out today, Worst Thing I've Been Cursed With. Ya'll should check it out :)
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums