Username
Password

Comments: Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 84 of 84
08:57 AM on 05/11/11
mygreentshirt
MARADONA/LAUREN WILHELM
User Info.
Jake and Derek have both disputed this. Obviously Jason wrote the majority of their older work but Jake's even said that he has helped write every single song that Mayday Parade has ever released. Thinking that one person in a band of six would write absolutely everything is just silly, no matter how strong of a writer he was.
this
10:12 AM on 05/11/11
thetrueblood
hahahaha
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
mayday parade is so much better than brand new
10:48 AM on 05/11/11
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
I think it's more like Lazzara and Nolan on which Nolan is a great songwriter, and Adam isn't as good but still decent. However, just as mayday needs lancasters songwriting, Lancaster could use Derek's voice, because in my opinion that's what missing from the go radio album.
To you man. But there's something about the magic of "Where You Want To Be" that's undeniable, such an underrated album. They'll reunite one day, they have to.
12:10 PM on 05/11/11
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
To you man. But there's something about the magic of "Where You Want To Be" that's undeniable, such an underrated album. They'll reunite one day, they have to.
There's no bad blood between fred and the band right?
01:38 PM on 05/11/11
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.
If anyone can remember Dereks old band Defining Moment he can write a song. I just hope what he says in the interview is true about the last album was more what the label wanted. Still miss Jason in this band. As much as I love Go Radio I hope at some point in the future we could see some reunion shows with these guys playing together again.
02:26 PM on 05/11/11
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
There's no bad blood between fred and the band right?
Don't know, I know him and Matt Rubano are still friends, but I don't know about the rest. I think the main beef was Freddy vs Adam and Eddie. Id kill to see them play "Where You Want To Be" from front to back.
02:42 PM on 05/11/11
MyMindIsASafe
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ll
I love Lancaster, but I do think Derek is a talented guy and the rest of the band is also better than that shitty release would indicate.

I still listen to A Lesson In Romantics pretty often. I listened to the other album maybe one and a half times. It was fucking terrible. I hope they mean what they say here and they come up with something legitimate. If they don't, they're done, or at least should be.

I don't think it's lame, necessarily. Bands should always be evolving and trying new things, but there will be plenty of times when that doesn't work out. Most bands have a particular sound that "fits" them best. It doesn't automatically mean they're trying to clone the initial successful release.

Not that I would have a problem with A Lesson In Romantics Pt. 2...

All of this.
07:43 AM on 05/12/11
Thefireinjuly
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I kinda beleive what hes saying, i hope that this means that they're next record is as good as or better than ALIR
11:41 AM on 05/12/11
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
i'm kind of surprised that he didn't mention that daniel is jason's brother, and not just some random guy from tallahassee.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos