Username
Password
General Announcement News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
General Announcement
Inside AP.net

NYC Best of Emerging Artists Festival

Posted by: Christian Wagner (05/11/11)
Head to the replies for a press release about Deli Magazine's Best of Emerging Artists Festival of 2011.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8.
10:47 AM on 05/11/11
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Press ReleaseThe MuseBox is proud to announce...
The Deli's NYC B.E.A.F 2011 - Best of Emerging Artists Festival

FULL SCHEDULE HERE

Hitting Brooklyn for the third year running, this can only be described as the most underground and cross-genre showcase of NYC’s new talent.

The Deli Magazine is the only publication and web site entirely focused on the NYC music scene. Once a year NYC’s most established independent indie publication gathers together la crème de la crème of the music industry in cities across America, and asks them to vote the most deserving title of Best Emerging Local Artist.

Each year, the Spring issue of The Deli (out in May) is entirely dedicated to the artists that made the Best of NYC List and to this live event linked to it.

107 artists including Fang Island, Delicate Steve, Turkuaz, The Rassle, Zongo Junction and many others have been selected by a jury of scene makers including NYC bloggers, music writers, venue booking agents & radio DJs.

The Deli's NYC B.E.A.F. will span across 5 of Williamsburg’s finest LIVE venues featuring the stunning Brooklyn Bowl, DIY hub Glasslands, the infamous Knitting Factory and the main venues in the beating heart of the burg: Public Assembly and Cameo Gallery.

The Deli's local approach is innovative and unique, and offers the audience a real selection in quality new music.

Like the artists and bands they serve, The Deli is 100% Independent & by shifting their attention locally has become a pioneer in its field, covering and booking shows with a range of bands that have gone on to become incredibly popular such as: Grizzly Bear, We Are Scientists, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Ra Ra Riot, Vampire Weekend, A Place to Bury Strangers, Chairlift, Semi Precious Weapon, Yeasayer, Au Revoir Simone, Lia Ices and many others.

What’s on the docket, you ask? Take a peek at the complete details for all the events taking place during the festival over the 5 days here. Make sure you’re one of the first to experience this eclectic and eccentric roster of trailblazers for fronting the NYC music scene this Spring at B.E.A.F May 2011.

It would be great if you could add this to your event listings and if you have any interest with any of the artists we would be happy to coordinate any interviews.

FOR MORE INFO:
http://national.thedelimagazine.com/homepage
http://themusebox.net/
10:55 AM on 05/11/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Fang Island!
10:55 AM on 05/11/11
MikeYabs
We are the only friends we have
User Info.
Delicate Steve!
12:24 PM on 05/11/11
harveyn590
User Info.
Fang Island and Delicate Steve are must sees
02:52 PM on 05/11/11
hidude318
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Fang Island and Shapes are my suggestions.
I saw Shapes at Don Hills (RIP.) Out of control and insane band.
06:02 PM on 05/11/11
tuneouttunein37
User Info.
i knew exactly zero of those bands....am i missing out on anything on with any of em?
06:08 PM on 05/11/11
humanafterall
Whatchamacallit
User Info.
I like the fact that Fang Island gets their own stage, but they're really the only group I know.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS