Username
Password
GlassJAw News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
GlassJAw
Inside AP.net

No More Glassjaw Full-Lengths?

Posted by: Kyle Huntington (05/12/11)
Speaking to Kerrang! recently, Daryl Palumbo has said that he doubts Glassjaw will ever release a third full-length album.
From the InterviewPeople are so hung up on us not having a full-length out that they're overlooking the fact that record labels are becoming increasingly irrelevant, that full-length records are becoming irrelevant and the whole album/tour cycle is pretty irrelevant.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 105
01:29 AM on 05/12/11
eons
It's my mistake to make.
User Info.
Good.
01:30 AM on 05/12/11
flask
Registered Member
User Info.
do whatever you want
01:31 AM on 05/12/11
canvasofwinter
User Info.
As much as I love Glassjaw- and that's a whole lot, as they've been one of my favorite bands for nearly a decade now- I disagree with their stance on this. I agree that record labels are becoming increasingly obsolete, but I don't think that full-length records have to be irrelevant by extension. There's something incredibly satisfying about a well-crafted album- an album consisting of more than just singles, but an intentional progression with an obvious beginning, middle, and end. As much as I've enjoyed everything Glassjaw has put out in this past year, it's all felt more like a collection of random songs and less like a cohesive body of work. I miss that from them.
01:33 AM on 05/12/11
drzafs
spinning free
User Info.
Fuck.

EDIT: While I'm glad they're doing what they want, its still not the news I wanted. I agree with ^him^
01:34 AM on 05/12/11
oldwirehands
billionsandbillions / Chris
User Info.
do whatever you want

Pretty much. That is my stance for any artist.
01:36 AM on 05/12/11
drzafs
spinning free
User Info.
щ(゚Д゚щ)
01:39 AM on 05/12/11
Clark
Dirk Nowitzki's Beard
User Info.
As much as I love Glassjaw- and that's a whole lot, as they've been one of my favorite bands for nearly a decade now- I disagree with their stance on this. I agree that record labels are becoming increasingly obsolete, but I don't think that full-length records have to be irrelevant by extension. There's something incredibly satisfying about a well-crafted album- an album consisting of more than just singles, but an intentional progression with an obvious beginning, middle, and end. As much as I've enjoyed everything Glassjaw has put out in this past year, it's all felt more like a collection of random songs and less like a cohesive body of work. I miss that from them.

Completely agree.
01:43 AM on 05/12/11
Weathervein
User Info.
As long as Glassjaw keeps releasing music, I'll keep listening to it. I'll miss the packaging and everything that falls under the umbrella of "full-length album", but they have yet to disappoint me.
02:14 AM on 05/12/11
craigboliver
I Am Shark
User Info.
I totally back what he is saying about the irrelevance of full-length records. But good luck trying to get any sort of reviews/ feature write ups/radio/marketing support from ep's and 7 inches. Won't happen.
02:29 AM on 05/12/11
anamericangod
User Info.
Disagree with full length albums becoming "irrelevant."
02:41 AM on 05/12/11
WeWereGiants
Cold hands, Lips blue
User Info.
I love Full Lengths and EP's but I think that now EP's have become more of a digital thing whereas Full Lengths are for people who care about the physical side of music. I have bought at least 10 EP's digitally this year, and none physically and it shows in my CD collection where the Full Lengths outnumber the EP's by a lot.

In short Full Lengths aren't irrelevant.
02:56 AM on 05/12/11
Korben Dallas
Mustard. I'm Mustard, baby.
User Info.
I don't give a shit. Who gives a shit? You haven't released a full length in forever, and it's taken you forever to release a couple EPs, who fucking cares?

Do what you fucking want. No one is sitting around waiting for a Glassjaw full length, people gave up on that years ago.

I love Glassjaw as much as the next guy, but hearing about your opinion on albums and touring is hysterically ridiculous. You've been a running joke for years now because of your inability to put out an album and/or an EP, or ANYTHING.

I don't give a shit about what you think about putting out an album, since you couldn't manage to do it in like a decade. How about you spend your interview time working on new material instead?
03:03 AM on 05/12/11
Jackisback
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't give a shit. Who gives a shit? You haven't released a full length in forever, and it's taken you forever to release a couple EPs, who fucking cares?

Do what you fucking want. No one is sitting around waiting for a Glassjaw full length, people gave up on that years ago.

I love Glassjaw as much as the next guy, but hearing about your opinion on albums and touring is hysterically ridiculous. You've been a running joke for years now because of your inability to put out an album and/or an EP, or ANYTHING.

I don't give a shit about what you think about putting out an album, since you couldn't manage to do it in like a decade. How about you spend your interview time working on new material instead?
Coloring Book EP?
03:05 AM on 05/12/11
himynameisbrett
User Info.
I totally agree with you. Singles are rad, but I'd rather have a full piece of work every couple years than just a few songs every year or so.

On a side note, part of me thinks these guys are just burned out with the music thing. I personally loved "Our Color Green" and then when I heard "Coloring Book" I just felt like it was kinda stale. By no means would I call it bad of course but do I feel it holds up to anything they've released before? No way. Only my two cents though.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums