Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
09:55 AM on 05/13/11
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
Cool. I streamed this album once (big fan of MVS and bands like Deas Vail) and didn't really get into it but I want to give it another chance. Definitely looking forward to seeing him at Cornerstone this summer.

It's a grower. He doesn't have a strong voice for this type of music, and sometimes the vocals are even somewhat weak, but the songwriting is very solid imo. Takes a while to get into, but once you do, the substance is definitely there.

Man I didn't know he had a new album coming out. Sad to hear about his dad but it is really true that some of the best albums come out of really terrible situations (except Ben folds who kinda went crazy and wrote that last garbage album after his divorce).

I wasn't a fan of "carry the weight" but I hope this album delivers. I still listen to "of joy and sorrow" , "safe away" and "recovered" pretty often.

Honestly, this is the first Denison Witmer album I've really been into so I need to check out his back catalogue. All I know is that I really, really like this album haha.
10:32 PM on 05/13/11
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
when i saw this was coming out, i bought sight unseen on vinyl. love me some denison witmer.

Matthew, if you're looking into his back catalog, i highly suggest "are you a dreamer?". It's got some great content.
Thanks for the rec! I'm going to try to listen to that tomorrow.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests