AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

House Of Fools- 03.06.07

Interviewed by
House Of Fools- 03.06.07How did you meet the rest of the members in the band?

Jeff and I started playing music together and have been friends since junior high. Josh and Joel same story; Matt and Phil same story as well.We all just kind of knew each other from shows and stuff. All of our old bands played together all the time.

Aside from Jimmy Eat World what other bands influence you?

Everyone in the band is inspired independently from different kinds of music. But at the same time we all like a lot of the same stuff. Personally I study a bunch of guitar bands from the 80's (Racer X, Jason Becker, Thin Lizzy, etc.). Where as Phil has studied jazz. It's a really cool blend of talent and people.

When writing what inspires you?

Life.

What's the most important lesson you've learned thus far from being in a band?

Recently we decided we're finally getting a gps. I hear it works wonders.

What was it like to be part of the Bob Dylan tribute album?

Really cool. It was an honor to do that song

How long did it take to write Live And Learn?

Live and learn was a song Josh has had written for a few years so I'm not really sure. When him and matt recorded it, it really came to life and when we started the band it was really fun to arrange. If you're talking about the album most of the songs were already done before we started recording them. We just made little changes here and there.

Who produced the new album?

Walt Vincent, and Mike Green

What was it like working with Walt and Mike?

Both are great at what they do. Personally I had a blast with Mike. He's a great guitar player and we had a lot of fun messing with tones. I feel like he really grasped onto the live aspect of the band and made the material rock a lot more. Walt was real concentrated on the "feel" of the song. He really nailed the singer songwriter aspect of the band.

When recording Live and Learn were Stephanie and Richard hands on with the project?

We definitely passed the songs back and forth and got input but we were definitely free to make the album we wanted as well. It was a good balance.

Can we expect a video anytime soon?

Hope so. We're shooting one soon.

What bands would be on the House Of Fools dream tour?

Led Zeppelin, the Eagles.

What's a normal day like for you while on tour?

Very little sleep, a hangover, driving usually too far, eating crappy food, carrying heavy things, rock n roll, a few drinks, repeat.

Favorite song to play live?

Kiss the Haze!

What does 2007 hold in store for House Of Fools?

Well our full length album Live And Learn came out on March 6th. We plan to tour most of the year. We are really a live band so looking forward to playing as much as we can. Playing SXSW, playing a few shows with Olympia and Dear Hunter and then supporting Piebald.

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
06:29 PM on 04/12/07
Risk The Fall
Risk The Fall
User Info.
Bah.
10:07 PM on 04/12/07
dan.is.empire
I Am Empire / Dan
User Info.
kind of a boring one...love the band though.
04:57 AM on 04/13/07
Chevy114
User Info.
I love their cd and want to see them live!
06:04 PM on 04/17/07
luvmusic1017
User Info.
I love their cd and want to see them live!

I totally agree! Their cd is awesome, and i've heard that they are a really amazing live band. I havent seen them yet though :[ Soon enough hopefully!
09:57 AM on 04/29/08
jonny4star
User Info.
i seen them in a warehouse a couple of years ago and they kicked ass,hung out with them a bit after the show

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos