Username
Password
Victory Records News - Page 15
Displaying posts 210 - 223 of 223.
03:34 PM on 05/18/11
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
The saddest thing is that Victory still has good bands. They need to jump ship soon if their contract gives the chance for that.
I used to be the hugest Victory Records fan. I mean I bought EVERYTHING they released. They do have some great bands left (Comeback Kid, The Sleeping, etc.) but it's really kind of sad how unspectacular they've become. Destrophy? Sister Sin? Jungle Rot? Not all their recent signees have been absolutely awful but even the not terrible ones haven't been horribly unique or interesting.
03:56 PM on 05/18/11
danawalker
User Info.
Can somebody please explain to me how a band that looks/sounds like this gets signed? Does anyone else think Victory may have signed them based on the notion that even bad publicity is still publicity? Let's sign the worst band of all time, and the hype around how awful they are alone will generate show attendance and curious buyers?
04:01 PM on 05/18/11
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
I was so disapointed; I wanted to show my brother some of the more funny ones but they were all taken down by the next day. Honestly, I've never seen such an outcry like this before. I don't know if this is legal but it would really behoove of Tony to use an escape clause if possible. I bet at least 60% or their album sales will be downloaded illegally as a joke.
Fixed. I can't imagine many people shelling out money for a joke.

I used to be the hugest Victory Records fan. I mean I bought EVERYTHING they released. They do have some great bands left (Comeback Kid, The Sleeping, etc.) but it's really kind of sad how unspectacular they've become. Destrophy? Sister Sin? Jungle Rot? Not all their recent signees have been absolutely awful but even the not terrible ones haven't been horribly unique or interesting.

The Sleeping is so underrated. Of their last five or so signings Victorian Halls and Jungle Rot don't seem like they'd be huge sellers but may surprise with a decent album. The Bunny the Bear and These Hearts look like jokes or gimmicks, and maybe would have done well like five years ago. Then these guys that no one is taking seriously except for a very small number of ignorant kids. I really don't know what they were thinking, especially when there are a lot of talented and marketable bands just waiting to be signed.
04:03 PM on 05/18/11
incognitojones
User Info.
Can somebody please explain to me how a band that looks/sounds like this gets signed? Does anyone else think Victory may have signed them based on the notion that even bad publicity is still publicity? Let's sign the worst band of all time, and the hype around how awful they are alone will generate show attendance and curious buyers?

Only thing that would make sense, and its not a very good idea.
06:06 PM on 05/18/11
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Fixed. I can't imagine many people shelling out money for a joke.

The Sleeping is so underrated. Of their last five or so signings Victorian Halls and Jungle Rot don't seem like they'd be huge sellers but may surprise with a decent album. The Bunny the Bear and These Hearts look like jokes or gimmicks, and maybe would have done well like five years ago. Then these guys that no one is taking seriously except for a very small number of ignorant kids. I really don't know what they were thinking, especially when there are a lot of talented and marketable bands just waiting to be signed.
Lol, very true. If anyone actually paid money for that as a joke I'd be irritated since that money could have gone to a more deserving band.

Love The Sleeping. For me their peak was at "Questions And Answers" (maybe because of timing) but The Big Deep was solid. Just listening to Victorian Halls right now and wow they sound a lot like The Blood Brothers ! I love them and they broke up so that's a good thing though. I didn't like The Bunny The Bear at all really but at least it wasn't quite what I expected. From what I've seen These Hearts seemed typical but it may be a decent, straight-foward listen.
06:27 PM on 05/18/11
incognitojones
User Info.
Lol, very true. If anyone actually paid money for that as a joke I'd be irritated since that money could have gone to a more deserving band.

Love The Sleeping. For me their peak was at "Questions And Answers" (maybe because of timing) but The Big Deep was solid. Just listening to Victorian Halls right now and wow they sound a lot like The Blood Brothers ! I love them and they broke up so that's a good thing though. I didn't like The Bunny The Bear at all really but at least it wasn't quite what I expected. From what I've seen These Hearts seemed typical but it may be a decent, straight-foward listen.
Big Deep was great, they really needed some better promotion. Victorian Halls is from my area, seen them a few times, played with them sometimes, they definitely have an interesting live show but I'm not really a fan of their sound. But its a lot more tolerable than the Bunny band which just seems gimmicky, and These Hearts who seem really targeted to little girls. These Hearts probably have the best chance to sell well, but I doubt any of these signings will bring in a lot of money for Victory.
09:32 PM on 05/18/11
fallfromgrace85
CephaLOVEpod
User Info.
Today is the day I say, I'd rather own a mix tape of Rebecca Black/Brokencyde/Millionaires than listen to this. I wouldn't really prefer either, honestly, but that seems like the lesser of 2 evils.
08:49 AM on 05/19/11
Saint Angeles
coulda been a contender
User Info.
sweet mother of holy fucking god.
02:27 PM on 05/20/11
ZoSo1886
www.twitter.com/jamesbenedictnj
User Info.
I can't get your point.
this band is similar to bands signed by those labels in those eras
01:56 AM on 05/21/11
slowmotion90
User Info.
this band is similar to bands signed by those labels in those eras
No way is this similar to bands who were signed by Rise in 2009.
08:41 PM on 06/05/11
MBIIdollaBill
die young and save yourself
User Info.
These dudes look like girls I went to high school with.
my condolences
09:22 PM on 06/05/11
MBIIdollaBill
User Info.
atl suck just as bad, your point goes unnoticed
im no fan of ATL at all, but there is no way you can compare them to this shit
09:28 PM on 06/05/11
MBIIdollaBill
User Info.
Options