Username
Password
Fall Out Boy News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Fall Out Boy
Inside AP.net

No More FOB Questions for Patrick

Posted by: Joe DeAndrea (05/16/11)
Patrick Stump will no longer be discussing Fall Out Boy's future.
Blog PostThat said, Iíd like to formally put this issue to rest. I think Iíve talked about it enough in the past two years and if anything itís silly talking about hypotheticals in detail. Who knows? I promise I will let everybody know as soon as there are concrete plans or if anything changes, but from here on until Fall Out Boy does have actual news, Iím going to just not talk about it.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 66
02:36 PM on 05/16/11
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
nice. i hope there's actual news soon.
02:36 PM on 05/16/11
i time bomb
i time bomb
User Info.
Eli Manning will also not be conducting interviews until the NFL Lockout is resolved.
02:37 PM on 05/16/11
mynameisgeneric
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Understandable, he's said his peace on this issue for the past 2+ years, it'd be different if he never talked about it. Time for his solo project to get the attention it deserves.
02:47 PM on 05/16/11
petethemeat
Balla
User Info.
02:48 PM on 05/16/11
dom_182
Reckless Abandon
User Info.
fair enough really.
02:51 PM on 05/16/11
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
I can empathize with the guy, but at the same time what did he expect? He was the lead singer for one of the more influential and popular bands in his genre that -- after releasing what some might say was their best record -- all of a sudden decided to stop making music.

While I respect Pat's ability and decision to decide he's no longer going to talk about FOB, I can't say I'm particularly thrilled.
02:52 PM on 05/16/11
iden22
close call
User Info.
Good. Every interview has the same question and response, yet people always find something to freak out over.
02:53 PM on 05/16/11
zachff
User Info.
So just to be clear, you saw a news article about a band/person you didn't care about, then came in to this thread -- where presumably people who do enjoy that musician and are interested in the topic are having a conversation -- to post a picture telling us that you don't care?

Ok, got it.
02:54 PM on 05/16/11
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.
i did a great and informative interview with Patrick on Thegunzshow.com not too long ago

u learn a lot from it.

and i'm stoked for him to focus on his solo stuff. i love his songwriting

- Gunz
02:56 PM on 05/16/11
esposimi
H.E. Pennypacker
User Info.
Way to put it. Straight and to the point. I like it.
02:59 PM on 05/16/11
AShannon04
http://drewshannon.net
User Info.
Can't say I blame him.
03:02 PM on 05/16/11
zachff
User Info.
i did a great and informative interview with Patrick on Thegunzshow.com not too long ago

u learn a lot from it.

and i'm stoked for him to focus on his solo stuff. i love his songwriting

- Gunz
Define songwriting in this context. I think musically his EP was a solid pop record and the two shows I saw were awesome, but his lyrics -- IMO -- are super weak at this point.
03:16 PM on 05/16/11
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
I can empathize with the guy, but at the same time what did he expect? He was the lead singer for one of the more influential and popular bands in his genre that -- after releasing what some might say was their best record -- all of a sudden decided to stop making music.

While I respect Pat's ability and decision to decide he's no longer going to talk about FOB, I can't say I'm particularly thrilled.
Well what is there left to say? There's no news to report related to Fall Out Boy, so why recapitulate the issue? It wouldn't make sense for him to keep talking about it if there is nothing left to say, and I trust his word that if there are any plans arise, they will be known.
03:18 PM on 05/16/11
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music