AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

11:42 PM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
JayDanielHammer
Minnesota
Male - 27 Years Old
Tosh was the hottest thing in comedy a few years ago and then gets a show....internet turns. You guyzzz r kewl.
11:50 PM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
WTG
Former Two-Time APWP Champion
Clearwater, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
Everything was fine until he joked about her getting raped. I don't think it was an appropriate response. I have no problem with him making jokes about rape, whatever, but he crossed a line by making her the hypothetical rape victim. Makes me sick.

The manager of the clubs account is very different. Says a guy in the audience said rape when tosh asked what to talk about next and the girl yelled no don't talk about that, and tosh said it sounds like she was raped by five guys. Them the girl stayed till the end, tosh got a standing ovation, and after the show she complained and wanted a refund. I have no sympathy for a heckler who distorts this for fame and to attack a celeb.
11:55 PM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
stayillogical
She's a marshmallow
Providence, RI
Female - 26 Years Old
The manager of the clubs account is very different. Says a guy in the audience said rape when tosh asked what to talk about next and the girl yelled no don't talk about that, and tosh said it sounds like she was raped by five guys. Them the girl stayed till the end, tosh got a standing ovation, and after the show she complained and wanted a refund. I have no sympathy for a heckler who distorts this for fame and to attack a celeb.

Okay, that sounds better. I only read the one thing I saw on twitter.
11:56 PM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
Yes, yes, yes and yes.
Laugh at it all, or laugh at none of it. There's no imaginary line to be drawn, especially by a heckler at a Tosh show.
11:57 PM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
WTG
Clearwater, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
Okay, that sounds better. I only read the one thing I saw on twitter.

The truth is probably somewhere in between. Still, these girls go to a show for people they don't know, and heckle them because they felt the need to. They could have found in one search what tosh is about and avoided it if they are touchy. Hecklers are the worst.
12:14 AM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
The MO!
Male - 30 Years Old
I think the weirdest thing about this is that Daniel Tosh was on the same night as Dane Cook, considering he rips on the guy constantly.

But seriously, this chick is the worst. Comedy shows are not the place to take a stand. Tell people you didn't like it or walk out of a show, don't yell at them that you don't like the subject matter. It's like getting mad at a movie screen because you don't like what's on there. Shut up and don't ruin the experience for other paying customers.

Granted, Tosh didn't respond it to correctly or even with wit, if what she says is true. But she can't be mad for a comedian getting pissed for interfering with their set.
12:16 AM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
kianacarly
Your silence does not protect you
PNW
Female - 22 Years Old
I know I'm in the minority when I say rape jokes are not funny and I think Tosh is a huge douche, but rape jokes are not funny and Tosh is a huge douche. I've heard things thrown around on both sides, but I think Tosh is in the wrong tbh. I'll probably get hate for it but what he said wasn't even funny. Like, what was the point of that? From what I've heard she didn't even seem to be really heckling, at least not what I've always considered heckling to be.
12:19 AM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
I think the weirdest thing about this is that Daniel Tosh was on the same night as Dane Cook, considering he rips on the guy constantly..

Literally all I care about in this situation. So odd.
12:22 AM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
The MO!
Male - 30 Years Old
Tough to say who is in the wrong when her words could easily be taken out of context. His joke seemed to be in the vein of Louis CK's "Child Kidnapping Joke" where it's just so extreme and over the line that they hesitate to say it. And it's really tough to say if anything would come of it considering it was probably just him trying new material. I don't know. He was in the wrong for replying, she was in the wrong for heckling.
12:24 AM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
Tosh was the hottest thing in comedy a few years ago and then gets a show....internet turns. You guyzzz r kewl.
All he ever wanted was to host his own show. I'm forever happy for the guy. I'll always be a fan of his standup (I still am a big one), and the show is trash, but he got to where he wanted to be, and he's undoubtedly 'made it' without leaving behind his roots or changing who he is. Hard to fault him much.
12:25 AM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
kianacarly
Your silence does not protect you
PNW
Female - 22 Years Old
To me it's like, okay interrupting a set is rude I get that, but in what world is it okay to respond to someone interrupting you, by saying "lol wouldn't if be funny if she got raped by five guys right now!!?!" It wasn't even funny. There are plenty of comedians who can cleverly respond to hecklers, clearly Tosh is not one of them
03:46 AM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
SlappedActor
Registered Fuckboy
I've always been lukewarm about Tosh (he can be funny but has this unbearable smugness about him), but the tone of the blog post makes me think that the author was aware of his comedic style before she attended the show. You'd think she knew what she was in for. If you think a comic might offend you, don't go to the show. Or if you go and happen to be offended, just get up and leave. Not that hard.
09:17 AM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
WTG
Clearwater, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
To me it's like, okay interrupting a set is rude I get that, but in what world is it okay to respond to someone interrupting you, by saying "lol wouldn't if be funny if she got raped by five guys right now!!?!" It wasn't even funny. There are plenty of comedians who can cleverly respond to hecklers, clearly Tosh is not one of them

Read the manager of the club's comments. He says it didn't happen like the girl said, and Tosh said something like "it sounds like she was raped by like five guys". Big difference from "wouldn't it be funny if she was raped by five guys". Tosh also said it was taken out of context. Who knows what really happened unless a video surfaces, but I would trust the manager of the club and their account of it over anonymous internet girl.
10:58 AM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
deanster321
BLEGH
Huddersfield
Male - 23 Years Old
The real victims in all of this are aspiring comics such as myself, who've written killer rape jokes but are afraid to include them in their sets.
11:00 AM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
stayillogical
She's a marshmallow
Providence, RI
Female - 26 Years Old
Everyone is a stand-up expert when shit like this happens.

Hey, it's how you construct a joke, and you have to admit, her account made it sound really bad.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos