Username
Password

09:03 PM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
JAPAAAAAN.
Female - 23 Years Old
why does it feel like every male relationship I have always somehow describe itself with:

"you're good enough to fuck, but you're not good enough to date".

The weird part is I don't even really want a relationship, but I still feel the same feeling of hurt and rejection whenever this is said to me.

also, I don't even sleep around and I didn't sleep with a number of the guys who have said this or something along the lines of this. What am I doing wrong?
09:10 PM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
ballzcore86
Omaha
Male - 27 Years Old
why does it feel like every male relationship I have always somehow describe itself with:

"you're good enough to fuck, but you're not good enough to date".

The weird part is I don't even really want a relationship, but I still feel the same feeling of hurt and rejection whenever this is said to me.

also, I don't even sleep around or sleep with a number of the guys who have said this or something along the lines of this. What am I doing wrong?

Maybe the fact that you dont want a relationship, shows in your actions and how you come across to guys. This could be without you even knowing it. Another factor is some girls just come across as up and hard/hard to deal with/picky/not easy going, I am not saying you are. even if you arent and things you say/do come across this way- you will get a response like not good enough to date. Does that help? Its a shitty thing that they said that though, there are more eloquent ways of going about that.
09:16 PM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
allthewaysaid
Have a feeling I'll die in my20s...
Texas
Male - 22 Years Old
I think about that all the time, I use girls for sex but at the same time I'm in lesbians with this other chick. From a guy's perspective, when we say you're good enough to fuck but not good enough to date, it means that I'm not interested in a relationship right now but I would like to share some body fluids with you.
09:17 PM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
JAPAAAAAN.
Female - 23 Years Old
Maybe the fact that you dont want a relationship, shows in your actions and how you come across to guys. This could be without you even knowing it. Another factor is some girls just come across as up and hard/hard to deal with/picky/not easy going, I am not saying you are. even if you arent and things you say/do come across this way- you will get a response like not good enough to date. Does that help? Its a shitty thing that they said that though, there are more eloquent ways of going about that.

maybe, I mean I just got out of a two year relationship, I feel like it wouldn't be fair to date someone else because I'm really not entirely 100% over my ex.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was because I do come across as being hard to deal with my school life and my family -- I feel like that might be it.

My self esteem just dropped a gazillion points. awesome

Irrelevant side note: we have the same birthday.
09:25 PM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
ballzcore86
Omaha
Male - 27 Years Old
maybe, I mean I just got out of a two year relationship, I feel like it wouldn't be fair to date someone else because I'm really not entirely 100% over my ex.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was because I do come across as being hard to deal with my school life and my family -- I feel like that might be it.

My self esteem just dropped a gazillion points. awesome

Irrelevant side note: we have the same birthday.

oh shit, sorry, no dont take it as that. As shallow as that line is, it is in a backwards way a compliment saying youre attractive and fun.

and on that sidenote: cool beans
09:30 PM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
JAPAAAAAN.
Female - 23 Years Old
oh shit, sorry, no dont take it as that. As shallow as that line is, it is in a backwards way a compliment saying youre attractive and fun.

and on that sidenote: cool beans

I think I should have rephrased and said that "its kind of like a huge blow to my self esteem because its like why do people like me, but not enough to want to be with me?" Yeah okay, I get the whole attractive and fun bit, but it makes me feel like something is wrong with me. -- its kind of weird.
09:35 PM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
ballzcore86
Omaha
Male - 27 Years Old
Something isnt wrong, your just not at that place in your life- It is a very mature decision of you to hold off on a relationship because you feel you arent ready. Thats huge. Most girls your age, hell most girls in their mid 20's just go to another guy to try and heal after a relationship. Thats awesome. I would fistbump you right now if I could for real
09:38 PM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
girls do the same thing to guys they consider "attractive" and "fun" but "not good enough to date", except they don't even fuck them
09:40 PM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
JAPAAAAAN.
Female - 23 Years Old
girls do the same thing to guys they consider "attractive" and "fun" but "not good enough to date", except they don't even fuck them

the sad thing is I know I am completely guilty of this.

Karma is a bitch.
09:47 PM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
the sad thing is I know I am completely guilty of this.

Karma is a bitch.

the worst part is it usually has nothing to do with the guy's potential to be a great boyfriend. it's all in how he presents himself and whether or not he makes himself a challenge to "chase". i've recently learned that i am terrible at that so guess what, regardless of the fact that i tend to make a good first impression and have no trouble talking to girls, im usually in a state of no girlfriends and no sex for long periods of time. never a shortage of beautiful/awesome girls leading me on and always asking me over/calling me late just to whine about their lives and the assholes they ended up with, though.
09:53 PM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
ballzcore86
Omaha
Male - 27 Years Old
the worst part is it usually has nothing to do with the guy's potential to be a great boyfriend. it's all in how he presents himself and whether or not he makes himself a challenge to "chase". i've recently learned that i am terrible at that so guess what, regardless of the fact that i tend to make a good first impression and have no trouble talking to girls, im usually in a state of no girlfriends and no sex for long periods of time. never a shortage of beautiful/awesome girls leading me on and always asking me over/calling me late just to whine about their lives and the assholes they ended up with, though.

for the most part, this is my story. with a few differences but for real
10:04 PM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
aboyandhiscurse
praise the sun
unfortunately, nj
Male - 23 Years Old
hey at least you're good enough to fuck.
i'm neither

bright side to everything!
10:07 PM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
D' Evils
Denver, Colorado
Male - 23 Years Old
lemmehitit
10:18 PM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
M.Lee
man I'm pretty
Male - 23 Years Old

Don't know why I lol'd at this, but truth.
10:22 PM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
Clark
Dirk Nowitzki's Beard
Los Angeles, CA
Male - 25 Years Old
Ditto. Glad to know it's not just me.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version