AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Rookie of the Year News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Rookie Of The Year Update

Posted by - 02:51 PM on 05/19/11
Rookie Of The Year has posted a new demo clip which can be heard in the replies. In addition, the band has announced a few small shows with a string section which can be seen in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 32
02:51 PM on 05/19/11
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Tour DatesMay 28 - Chicago, IL - @ Reggies
June 2 - Madison, Wi - @Annex
June 3 - Toledo, Oh - @ Steph's house of Rock
June 4 - Kalkaska, Mi - @ The Kaliseum

02:53 PM on 05/19/11
crusaderr
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
consider my psyched

EDIT: guess he's redoing the song frustrated from the most beautiful... and i wonder if he still plans on calling this album "collarbones"
03:02 PM on 05/19/11
anamericangod
User Info.
This sounds fucking beautiful. Wow.

Please don't let any sort of dance/techno/electronic beat kick in and ruin it all. Please.
03:05 PM on 05/19/11
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
This is vastly superior to that poppy dance shit. Rookie needs to be his only focus, always.
03:06 PM on 05/19/11
Lawliet
I have learned to love the lie
User Info.
Sounds okay. Might check out the album.
03:08 PM on 05/19/11
anamericangod
User Info.
This is vastly superior to that poppy dance shit. Rookie needs to be his only focus, always.
He needs to focus on Rookie, make another album that is as consistent/solid as The Goodnight Moon (I still loved Sweet Attention and the EP), and then get on a decent tour.

His music has always been much better than average, in my opinion, but I never quite understood why they did so many "headlining" shows to such tiny crowds instead of building things up. I'd love to see them headline, but if you aren't drawing the numbers it just doesn't make sense.

Love the music this guy makes. Hoping whatever comes next lives up to my expectations.
03:09 PM on 05/19/11
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Sounds so great
03:15 PM on 05/19/11
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
He needs to focus on Rookie, make another album that is as consistent/solid as The Goodnight Moon (I still loved Sweet Attention and the EP), and then get on a decent tour.

His music has always been much better than average, in my opinion, but I never quite understood why they did so many "headlining" shows to such tiny crowds instead of building things up. I'd love to see them headline, but if you aren't drawing the numbers it just doesn't make sense.

Love the music this guy makes. Hoping whatever comes next lives up to my expectations.
Agreed on all points. He used to come through town here on tour, which although it is a college town, does not pull much of a crowd. I always thought it was strange he would end up here and not just stay around the Kansas City area like most. I can't imagine he'd have any problem joining a good tour. He doesn't need to be playing in small towns with no support other than local openers (shitty high school kids that recently discovered autotune).
03:26 PM on 05/19/11
TheGoodnightMoon
cursed far more than I am praised
User Info.
Ryan,

Please do some support for larger bands and keep spreading your amazing music.

Love,
Me
04:28 PM on 05/19/11
Michelle*Mickey
User Info.
Ryan,
Keep it up! Your music is inspiring to so many! I hope bigger and better things come your way! Looking forward to your stop in Kalkaska!
Love,
Mickey
04:28 PM on 05/19/11
yakob89
No place to stay
User Info.
Miles better than the last few releases and it's only a minute long. haha
04:34 PM on 05/19/11
Nardes
User Info.
Wow. I love it. Has a very Having to Let Go/ 88 Keys sound to it... a very heartfelt true sound. Can't wait to hear it. there needs to be another 700 likes asap!
04:36 PM on 05/19/11
beggar
User Info.
Soooo effing stoked for Toledo. Steph's House of Rock is the best venue in Lucas County. And as someone who has seen Rookie of the Year fourteen times all over the Midwest, it's a must see act.
04:39 PM on 05/19/11
The Boat
I've made a huge mistake
User Info.
Listened to the goodnight moon last night for the first time in a while, totally forgot how much I love it. hopefully the new record does the same thing for me. Ryan should be so much bigger than he is.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos