Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts.
12:06 PM on 05/20/11
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
Oh Canada.....also can we get a US version of factor so that maybe the good bands can start making albums again instead of rebecca black?
12:59 PM on 05/20/11
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
these people are assholes. we would totally be against it if they were blasting the koran. don't lie and disagree. we would call it "intolerant of other beliefs" but if someone blasts Christianity, it's fine. that's f'ed up.
lol hahahahahahahahahahahaha go watch some more fox news dude
01:52 PM on 05/20/11
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
Bad taste and double standards. There is no joke to this. Ten bucks says that the majority of the people that have no problem aren't religious themselves--true shining bastions of tolerance!
Just because your uptight ass was offended doesn't mean theres no joke to this album. Its meant to be a joke therefore the joke shall be taken. If you can't laugh at yourself then get the fuck out. Why is religion such a sacred topic (pardon the pun), you can make fun of pretty much anything else and not have this kind of backlash. Why is religion protected? An example of people being retarded when it comes to religion, kid in Kentucky wears a shirt to school that is obviously offense. Says Jews will burn in hell, God hates ****, that kinda thing. Obviously it's offensive and he's being a douche bag. Te school asks him to remove the shirt and he sues the school for violating his freedom of religion AND WNS. A few weeks later another kid wheres a shirt that says Christianity is a lie. School tells him to take the shirt off sues the school and loses because they were protecting others freedom of religion. Talk about a double standard. You can wear a shirt that is openly hateful to multiple groups of people and uses "bad" language on it but you can't wear a shirt that questions a belief by a group of people. Guarantee if this album was for any of the hurtful things Christianity promotes (and it does) you would be all for it. You can dish it out but you can't take it back. Suck it up, ice your butt hurt, and learn to take a joke
02:07 PM on 05/20/11
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
In all fairness, you probably shouldn't use any examples out of Kentucky.
this is true, it was just the first one that came to mind but it happens all over the place.
02:28 PM on 05/20/11
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
thank you for the kind quote. i can really see your point when you explain it that way.
You're idea was that we're okay with the joke because its christian and that if it were muslim we would all be complaining about it. That we're sensitive to other religions but not christianity. you provide no basis for that believe and as there is no news post today about an album making fun of islam you can't really say that so I assumed that your source for this so called bias against christianity is fox news, as they tend to fabricating stories presuming such. You have no proof that this bias exists.

However just for the sake of argument let's assume that the bias does exist. Which would you prefer, that we all be okay with making fun of your religion or that you cant build your places of worship, or walk on an airplane, or even go outside without someone assuming your a terrorist thats about to blow them up. For the entire country to assume you are evil just because one douche bag claiming to be of your faith killed some people. Your choice man, prejudice in jokes or prejudice in life.
02:47 PM on 05/20/11
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
Zero prejudices. I know you weren't addressing me, but if you read my post above I basically said that there is a bias. People love to hate on Christianity (which honestly I don't blame the hate, Christians/Christianity has done a terrible job of representing itself), and when people defend Christianity/Christians, all we hear is that we're crazy, Bible-thumping idiots who can't think for ourselves, which is not always true. Now with Islam and the ridiculousless of pilots not feeling comfortable flying with a Muslim, people rush to Islams defense, and rightly so. All I'm saying is that there is a discord there. There should be zero prejudices against any religion.
Your analysis makes quite a bit of sense and your right there should be zero prejudices however there is a difference in this. I think you should be able to make fun of a religion. I think you should be able to make fun of anything. Theres a difference between making fun of a religion, and blanketing its followers as dangerous though. I think that the outrage over people using Mohammed to make fun islam is stupid, just as i think the outrage of Jesus being represented here as a piece of shit is stupid, because its a joke. We all need to be able to laugh at ourselves our at least tolerate being laughed at. When it moves in to labeling people because of there religion is where I get annoyed, I realize people in other countries who are christian also experience this and I think it's just as wrong then as it is when Muslims get labelled as terrorists.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests