Username
Password
Amazon News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Amazon
Inside AP.net

New Lady Gaga Album for 99 Cents

Posted by: Joe DeAndrea (05/23/11)
The deluxe edition of Lady Gaga's new album, Born This Way, is on sale for 99 cents at Amazon MP3.

Submitted by subplotofcrows

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 191
02:02 AM on 05/23/11
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
Holy shit. And an extra 20 GB on the cloud drive if you buy it. This is gonna sell alooooooooot.
02:07 AM on 05/23/11
apparitionrecs
Music comes first
User Info.
Wow, Amazon (it is Amazon - NOT the label who sets the price for this) really is pushing the boat out here. Top estimate I've seen for this record is in excess of 1m first week... that would be amazing... and I can see it happening.
02:07 AM on 05/23/11
The_Blackout94
Chances are, I'm injured
User Info.
Absolutely amazing offer. And I don't even like Lady Gaga.
02:16 AM on 05/23/11
carcrashofahart
climb is all we know
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i smell... desperation.
02:34 AM on 05/23/11
Buscemi Knows Best
You owe me a Sausage McMuffin.
User Info.
I hope my eyes are reading it wrong and there's not actually song on there called government hooker

prediction: hair will be the next single
02:52 AM on 05/23/11
Javs
pretentious
User Info.
lol funny because these last 3 years everyones been saying that artists should find new ways to distribute music because of file sharing."
This isn't desperate, its marketing.
02:53 AM on 05/23/11
Javs
pretentious
User Info.
4 hours into it and she's already number 1 in 10 countries. ;) go go go go
03:30 AM on 05/23/11
Qadriyyah
Yeah, that girl...
User Info.
Listening to this album for the first time now. Isn't clicking with me automatically like TF and TFM but I think I just have to give it a few more spins.

Edit: Hair is amazing.
03:38 AM on 05/23/11
logic_fails
User Info.
Sounds like they're trying to avoid the Katy Perry thing; people bought the singles but didn't buy the album once it was released. Now you can get the entire album for the price of one single.... Smart thinking, Interscope.
03:42 AM on 05/23/11
carcrashofahart
climb is all we know
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
lol funny because these last 3 years everyones been saying that artists should find new ways to distribute music because of file sharing."
how is this a good marketing tactic? she's giving away her album for practically free, thus leaving virtually no room for other mass amounts of sales, especially physical. she obviously wants to be number one quickly, yet when her sales go down the toilet because this version is no longer attainable, where will she be?
03:50 AM on 05/23/11
Javs
pretentious
User Info.
how is this a good marketing tactic? she's giving away her album for practically free, thus leaving virtually no room for other mass amounts of sales, especially physical. she obviously wants to be number one quickly, yet when her sales go down the toilet because this version is no longer attainable, where will she be?
She was pretty much already guaranteed #1 on itunes in at least 5 countries so I doubt these $1 amazon sales will be a problem. Speaking of which, she's 2 countries away from being #1 in 23 countries at the moment.
03:57 AM on 05/23/11
acousticore
good girls they like to sin
User Info.
couldn't agree more.
03:57 AM on 05/23/11
carcrashofahart
climb is all we know
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
She was pretty much already guaranteed #1 on itunes in at least 5 countries so I doubt these $1 amazon sales will be a problem. Speaking of which, she's 2 countries away from being #1 in 23 countries at the moment.
you think she doesn't want to break records? lol. she does. the point of marketing isn't just to get people's attention, it's to keep people's attention. you really think this will give her longevity? idts. we'll see though.
04:02 AM on 05/23/11
richie
User Info.
Make it worldwide and of course I'll buy it. Even though I don't like the record.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests