AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Article - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 97.
01:21 PM on 05/24/11
Lueda Alia
User Info.
I fucking love Nimrod and Insomniac. Insomniac is one of the only CDs I keep in my car, otherwise it's my iPod. For me, Insomniac may overtake Dookie.

I can't believe I was ten years old when I bought Nimrod.

Nice write ups. I'll have to check out Slowreader.
Yes, yes, definitely check it out!
01:27 PM on 05/24/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
Adrian's writing for STD was awesome.
01:31 PM on 05/24/11
COREhorizon
Get Free
User Info.
They're Only Chasing Safety was definitely one of the albums that influenced my musical tastes the most. But the first album I really got attached to was The Silence in Black in White by Hawthorne Heights. Before listening, I never heard an album that dark and emotional. Needless to say, the album didn't inspire me to cut myself or anything else, but it helped me realize how different musicians express themselves and use music as an outlet. I don't listen to the album anymore, but it still showed me a different side of music, one that isn't always sugar-coated or socially normal.
01:31 PM on 05/24/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Adrian's writing for STD was awesome.

Thought the same thing. Was eager to read one from you.
01:33 PM on 05/24/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Yes, yes, definitely check it out!

Wait until you hear Woods' new album Sun and Shade - I think you'll cry. I did. Other than Bon Iver, it's the best folk record this year.
01:37 PM on 05/24/11
Lueda Alia
User Info.
Wait until you hear Woods' new album Sun and Shade - I think you'll cry. I did. Other than Bon Iver, it's the best folk record this year.
Haha maybe.
02:34 PM on 05/24/11
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Good Charlotte - Self Titled.
02:40 PM on 05/24/11
georgedcc
User Info.
I'll be surprised if anyone listens to Slowreader, so I don't really expect anyone to comment on it. But yeah, do check that album out if you enjoy folk music. It's incredible.
That's the only band/album on this list I wasn't already familiar with. I generally trust this website rec's, so I'll make sure I check it out. I am a little confused by the fact that a folk band is on Fuelled By Ramen, but I'll definitely try and get around to listening to it.

Edit: I'm actually having real trouble finding it, so if some kind soul could Point Me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.
02:43 PM on 05/24/11
Thesleepingwell
Didn't start the riot
User Info.
Good album choices. Make for great reading.

When it comes to absolute beginnings, the first record that grabbed me was 'Siamese Dream' by The Smashing Pumpkins. This record was recommended me when I was 16. Life wasn't too grand at the time and this album somehow helped me get through it. Some of Billy Corgan's lyrics really hit home at the time. This was the first epic record moment and it seems to sound more amazing every time I listen to it.
You always have to remember that first record. It's always the one that remains your favourite album.

That's me though.
02:46 PM on 05/24/11
8SlicesOfPie
http://dwhb.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Californication is so fucking good.
02:49 PM on 05/24/11
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Good Charlotte - Self Titled.
Grew up on that, The Young and the Hopeless, Story of the Year's Page Avenue, Ocean Avenue, Simple Plan's No Pads, No Helmets...Just Balls, NFG's Sticks and Stones, etc haha
02:49 PM on 05/24/11
Deadbolt23
Jacob
User Info.
Where is Alex Djaferis's pick?
02:56 PM on 05/24/11
ellie117
EAGLES, Phillies, Flyers, tacos.
User Info.
Did not see this feature the first time around, so reading through both has been delightful. Definitely agree with a lot of what was chosen and said. I love this place.
03:17 PM on 05/24/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I read through Born To Run, and I was like, when did I write this? This doesn't sound like my voice. Then I got to the end and remembered that I did Californication for this feature. LOL.
03:19 PM on 05/24/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Also, love the Saves The Day writeup. "Jessie And My Whetstone" is my favorite STD song.
Options

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version