Username
Password

Article - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 97.
03:58 PM on 05/24/11
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
User Info.
That Underoath record was my first 'heavy' record too.
04:11 PM on 05/24/11
JimmyAveningo
User Info.
Ian I fucking grew up listening KWOD 106.5. I loved that station and was so pissed when they got rid of it. I also have literally the same story of being introduced to AFI. Except mine included and introduction to thrice at the same time. Changed my entire fucking life.
04:49 PM on 05/24/11
thelastturtle
Title Fight rules.
User Info.
Take Off Your Pants And Jacket was my gateway. Christian sums it up perfectly. I feel like I've spun that album a thousand times over the last 10 years. My mom was pretty hesitant to buy me the album (I wasn't fully aware about Blink's humor at the time) but she was cool enough to get it for me, unedited and all. Needless to say, I was both shocked and incredibly enthusiastic upon my first full listen.
04:55 PM on 05/24/11
Simulcast
You can't kill us all
User Info.

First album that I discovered independent of my friends and parents. It kicked off a love affair that attracted me to all sorts of heavy and atmospheric music.
04:55 PM on 05/24/11
HeavenResign
Registered Member
User Info.
Ballin choices.
05:01 PM on 05/24/11
uglystar03
User Info.
Damn, Slowreader is good. I've been meaning to check them out for a while and now I'm kicking myself for waiting!
05:07 PM on 05/24/11
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
Really can relate to Thomas' and Ian's Reviews, although on the Sing the Sorrow album I'm pretty sure the hidden track is This Time Imperfect

Good album choices. Make for great reading.

When it comes to absolute beginnings, the first record that grabbed me was 'Siamese Dream' by The Smashing Pumpkins. This record was recommended me when I was 16. Life wasn't too grand at the time and this album somehow helped me get through it. Some of Billy Corgan's lyrics really hit home at the time. This was the first epic record moment and it seems to sound more amazing every time I listen to it.
You always have to remember that first record. It's always the one that remains your favourite album.

That's me though.

Same. I had listened to other classic rock records before, and really good ones at that, but none hit me like this did. The emotion that poured out of this was unparalleled to what I had previously listened to as I started diving into the lyrics and figuring out the true meanings of the songs. I'm still listening to this record constantly, why just today i was strumming out Luna on acoustic in my English class.
05:25 PM on 05/24/11
Ian Walker
wes craven with x cravings.
User Info.
Ian I fucking grew up listening KWOD 106.5. I loved that station and was so pissed when they got rid of it. I also have literally the same story of being introduced to AFI. Except mine included and introduction to thrice at the same time. Changed my entire fucking life.

This is really cool. Internet high-five!

Really can relate to Thomas' and Ian's Reviews, although on the Sing the Sorrow album I'm pretty sure the hidden track is This Time Imperfect

Gah, I feel so stupid.
05:52 PM on 05/24/11
The Grey Man
Team Larz
User Info.
Awesome, I actually was just looking at the first absolute beginnings a month or two ago
06:06 PM on 05/24/11
BornUnderPunches
I am not a dirty god
User Info.
Hah, right when I saw the Parklife cover I knew who wrote it.

Also listen to Slowreader people cmon.
06:51 PM on 05/24/11
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
Nice feature. I was semi-surprised not to see MxPx on here then I saw Jason's was Slowing Going the Way of the Buffalo for the first feature and I thought that was pretty cool. They don't seem to get much love these days but The Ever Passing Moment was what got me into the "scene". Prior to 8th grade all I'd heard was Christian rock (Newsboys, DC Talk etc). MxPx was more or less considered a Christian band at the time so that's how I heard them but that kind pop-punk fed my 8th grade emotions and opened my eyes to a world of music I'd been missing. I felt like every song spoke to me. Plus, compared to what I had been listening to, the music was so fast. From there I got hooked on Blink 182, who quickly became my favorites, as well as Green Day and Jimmy Eat World.
07:38 PM on 05/24/11
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Hah, right when I saw the Parklife cover I knew who wrote it.

Also listen to Slowreader people cmon.
It may not be meant as a compliment, but I'm taking it!
07:41 PM on 05/24/11
BornUnderPunches
I am not a dirty god
User Info.
It may not be meant as a compliment, but I'm taking it!

Hah it is. I'm one of the few people that have ever posted in the blur thread w/ you haha, but it was probably before I changed my username. My old one was k-eyes28
08:01 PM on 05/24/11
kazuma_ootaro28
User Info.
Not surprised by Kyle's and Eda's picks, haha. Both are great albums.
08:06 PM on 05/24/11
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
this is an awesome and insightful feature. It's cool to see what bands helped shaped peoples lives.
Options

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version