AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Cobra Starship News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Viva La Hot Mess

Posted by - 11:50 AM on 05/27/11
Cobra Starship's yacht rock-inspired remix of Chromeo's "Hot Mess" can be heard over on Spin.

Submitted by jimesq

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
11:56 AM on 05/27/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
This is better than the original. That is not saying much but this was interesting.
12:09 PM on 05/27/11
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
This is better than the original. That is not saying much but this was interesting.
12:12 PM on 05/27/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
You're cool for linking youtube videos. What I mean is despite the vocals they add more to that song. Cobra Starship's Hot Mess was a terrible album with the title track as one of the worst songs of the bunch. I did not even say the remix was good I said it was interesting. It was not a regurgitated cover and they did something different with it. I liked it more than the original becuase someone had to put some effort into it. I don't care how good gabe's voice is he has no soul in his music anymore. Everything sounds the same.
12:14 PM on 05/27/11
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
You're cool for linking youtube videos. What I mean is despite the vocals they add more to that song. Cobra Starship's Hot Mess was a terrible album with the title track as one of the worst songs of the bunch. I did not even say the remix was good I said it was interesting. It was not a regurgitated cover and they did something different with it. I liked it more than the original becuase someone had to put some effort into it. I don't care how good gabe's voice is he has no soul in his music anymore. Everything sounds the same.
Uh, when you said "the original", I though you meant the original Hot Mess by Chromeo. My mistake.

Also, I don't think I'm cool for posting youtube vids. Regardless, sorry for the misfire.
12:19 PM on 05/27/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Uh, when you said "the original", I though you meant the original Hot Mess by Chromeo. My mistake.

Also, I don't think I'm cool for posting youtube vids. Regardless, sorry for the misfire.
Its all good. I think I actually made a mistake myself. Got who remixed who backwards. Anything affiliated with Cobra Starship these days is pathetic. So I am going to go listen to the original by Chomeo as I thought it was so muffled I could not tell what it was but some of the sounds where cool. Probably parts that came from the original though.
12:25 PM on 05/27/11
beau blood rush
smoke & mirrors.
User Info.
12:27 PM on 05/27/11
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
Its all good. I think I actually made a mistake myself. Got who remixed who backwards. Anything affiliated with Cobra Starship these days is pathetic. So I am going to go listen to the original by Chomeo as I thought it was so muffled I could not tell what it was but some of the sounds where cool. Probably parts that came from the original though.
Good call. Hot Mess is a great one off of Business Casual.
12:30 PM on 05/27/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Good call. Hot Mess is a great one off of Business Casual.
Will definitely check it out. Got confused since both bands apparently have a song called Hot Mess.
04:34 PM on 05/27/11
Overpass
Registered Member
User Info.
Strangely fond of this.
06:33 PM on 05/27/11
atticus18244fss
reddit.com/r/blink182
User Info.
Chromeo can do no wrong but I think this improves slightly over the original.
07:48 PM on 05/27/11
moonlights
cinco de mayo!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Will definitely check it out. Got confused since both bands apparently have a song called Hot Mess.
hahahaha i got really confused on that one too... somehow i never realized that until this news post.
08:02 PM on 05/27/11
i'm a big deal.
Streets ahead.
User Info.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News