Username
Password

Comments: Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 50 of 50
11:52 PM on 05/28/11
LivingTheLyrics
What you feel will rarely rhyme.
User Info.
i heard Man Overboard has a major tour planned too.

and i really hope it is with man overboard,
When I asked MOB about touring plans right around Bamboozle, they said that touring wise all they had until winter/late this year was a small one-week headlining run. Obviously plans change but just saying.
09:09 AM on 05/29/11
Sean.Murphy
Stay Hungry, Stay Free
User Info.

i mean are you thinking logically? or thinking just because you're a STD fan?

When STD played with Say Anything and Motion City, they got a 25 minute opening slot...they played NO more than a half hour. Bayside is the OBVIOUS headliner, IATA has a rapidly growing fanbase WITH a new album coming out this fall, what has STD done in the past few years? Im not saying theyre a bad band by any means, they're great, but they're not the top act on this bill. IATA is definitely in a better place right now than STD
09:50 AM on 05/29/11
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.

When STD played with Say Anything and Motion City, they got a 25 minute opening slot...they played NO more than a half hour. Bayside is the OBVIOUS headliner, IATA has a rapidly growing fanbase WITH a new album coming out this fall, what has STD done in the past few years? Im not saying theyre a bad band by any means, they're great, but they're not the top act on this bill. IATA is definitely in a better place right now than STD
You could easily reverse this argument. I Am the Avalanche have only played sporadic shows in the last few years, and Saves the Day *supposedly* have a new album due out by the end of the year too.
09:52 AM on 05/29/11
Deartragedy88
User Info.

Saves the Day got 45 minutes on that tour, so I don't know what you are talking about. Saves the Day is doing a small co-headlining run with The Get Up Kids in June. They put out an ep last year and their full length comes out in the fall. They have had some delays in recording and releasing Daybreak, so that's why it's been a while since they've put a full length out. It's fact that Bayside and Saves the Day are co-headlining ad I am the Avalanche is opening. Even if Bayside is currently more popular than Saves the Day, they have respect for them and I don't think they'd allow themselves to headline over Saves the Day. Not to mention Jack and Nick from Bayside said they've been trying to find time to do a co-headliner with Saves the Day since last summer.
11:14 AM on 05/29/11
blinkme
Sinatra blue
User Info.

I'm not really a fan of Saves The Day apart from Stay What You Are. But, like someone else said, a lot of the points you make are easily reversible. IATA's last and only full length to date came out nearly six years ago. Saves The Day on the other hand, have been around for a lot longer and have built up a decent fan base with a respectable catalogue of music.

Say Anything and Motion City had both released albums around the time of that tour. It makes sense for them to open up for a tour like that, especially as STD didn't have anything new out at the time.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos