Username
Password
Video Games News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video Games
Inside AP.net

Games Round-Up (05/29/11)

Posted by: Deborah Remus (05/29/11)
Head to the replies to read this week's Games Round-Up.

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10
03:48 PM on 05/29/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Thanks to Jim for putting this together.

Games Round-UpIt is Memorial Day weekend here in the United States and I am in the mood to grill. Throw in the fact that its almost time to cover E3 and I need as much rest as I can get We're going to blow through this one. My name is Jim Plachy, I write for Four Player Co-Op and THIS is the video game roundup.

SONY

Word on the street is that the NGP might only have 256MB of RAM instead of 512MB. That's not good.

Sony is releasing two bundles for Father's Day. The first is a 160GB PS3 with Call of Duty: Black Ops and the First Strike DLC Map Pack for $299. The second is a PSP with Gran Turismo, MLB: The Show '11, and a 2GB memory stick for $159.

inFAMOUS 2 will import your trophy data from inFAMOUS to make certain story decisions and give you bonus items and XP at the beginning of the game. Which is super rad, I can't wait for this game.

Sony will release a Resistance Dual Pack which includes Resistance and Resistance 2 plus all the DLC for Resistance 2 for $39.99.

Here is the exhaustive list of Resistance 3 pre-order bonuses by retailer.

House of the Dead: Overkill originally a Wii title is getting HD'd for PlayStation 3. It will of course support Move.

PSP games are getting remastered for the PS3. The hope is that its possible this will also be used to support cross play with the NGP.

David O. Russell is no longer working on the Uncharted movie. (YAY!!!!!)

NINTENDO

Nintendo of America trademarked Professor Layton and the Last Specter which is probably the US name for Professor Layton and the Specter's Flute.

MICROSOFT

It looks like Ghost Recon: Future Soldier might be Kinect enabled.

Australia's Classification board outed some new Microsoft Game Studios titles.

Here are the pre-order bonuses and box art for Forza 4.

Homefront is getting the Fire Sale DLC Map Pack on June 7th, which will be a timed exclusive on 360.

It looks like The Witcher 2 will get announced for Xbox 360 at E3. (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!)

Hulk Hogan game for Kinect. That's all I got about that.

PC

Ghost Recon: Online is going to be a freemium multiplayer game for the PC.

There is an OnLive exclusive version of the Red Faction: Armageddon demo that lets you play the first 30 minutes of the game.

Take Two has teamed up with Korea's XLGames for an MMO based on one of their existing properties.

The PC version of Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition has some......interesting DRM.

Here's a trailer for StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm.

EVERYTHING ELSE

A third DeathSpank game will be out this Summer.

Disney Universe looks like Little Big Planet.

GameFly bought Direct2Drive. Now they can rent PC games.

THQ will distribute four Codemasters games in North America.

Dead Space 2 is getting a free map pack.

There is probably going to be a 5th anniversary edition of The Eldar Scrolls Oblivion. It will be the same as the limited edition version of the game released 5 years ago except that it will be the GOTY edition of Oblivion and include a $10 off coupon for Skyrim.

The first DLC (DLK) for Mortal Kombat will be all the retailer exclusives in one pack.

THQ will publish a groundbreaking new multiplayer game from Turtle Rock Studios the creators of Counter-Strike and Left 4 Dead. It will be out in 2013.

DUKE NUKEM FOREVER IS GOLD!!!!!

Gearbox will show off Aliens: Colonial Marines at E3.

Here are the pre-order bonuses for Warhammer 40K: Space Marine.

Here's the first full trailer for Modern Warfare 3.

Volume 1 of the Portal 2 soundtrack is currently available for free.

PSAs

Splinter Cell Trilogy HD for PlayStation 3 has been pushed back to "sometime this Summer".

Trenched is out 6/22

RELEASES

Duke Nukem: Critical Mass

Hunted: The Demon's Forge

Well that is it. Who's excited for E3? I know we at 4PC are, we're so excited that next week's episode of Bullshot! is the pre-E3 episode where we take you on an audio guide to what to expect for the week of E3. It's our biggest episode of the year so make sure you subscribe on iTunes so you're all set for next week's episode.

SUBMITTED BY: be_mine

03:52 PM on 05/29/11
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
User Info.
In some depressing news, I have yet again forgotten to go and pick up Alan Wake.
04:06 PM on 05/29/11
mwheeler1987
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I really hope that rumor about the NGP is false.
04:14 PM on 05/29/11
be mine
Video games are for children
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Joystiq is breaking the news that the NGP is called PSVita. THE FUCK!?!?

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/29/ru...renamed-at-e3/
04:56 PM on 05/29/11
drivethru715
National Nobody
User Info.
Is that HoTS trailer uploaded anywhere else?
06:27 PM on 05/29/11
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
looking forward to hearing more about the next gen nintendo console coming out of E3. Also, the starcraft trailer link is dead.
07:35 PM on 05/29/11
dashboardkid88
RVA
User Info.
Glad that you get some free bonus content at the start of Infamous 2 if you took the time to collect stuff in the first game.
01:55 AM on 05/30/11
mickmadethelist
Troy and Abed on the iiiiiinternet
User Info.
All the sony news makes me very happy (except for NGP), but especially the Infamous 2 news. I just got my plat in this about an hour ago!
05:39 PM on 05/30/11
jonnyalmagest
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
http://youtu.be/PRsFxfOEZa0

Link for the Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm trailer that works.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests