AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Reviews News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Retro Reviews: The Springsteen Series Pt. III

Posted by - 02:19 AM on 06/01/11
So they're a week and a couple of days behind schedule, but I'm proud to present the third installment of The Springsteen Series in our Retro Reviews feature. Today I've got reviews Nos. 9 through 12, and it's the second-to-last installment. For those who aren't familiar, the Springsteen Series is a project that's reflecting on Bruce Springsteen's 16 studio records. Next week will be the final part of the series. Thanks to everyone who is reading along.

Bruce Springsteen - Tunnel Of Love
Bruce Springsteen - Human Touch/Lucky Town
Bruce Springsteen - Live In New York City
Bruce Springsteen - The Rising

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22
06:21 AM on 06/01/11
jornor
RVA
User Info.
Very good reviews
08:12 AM on 06/01/11
ACA
Next Show: CircaSurvive/TitleFight
User Info.
Live in NYC, as the title would suggest, is not a studio album.

Bruce's 11th effort was The Ghost of Tom Joad.. and one of his better albums post-Nebraska.
08:36 AM on 06/01/11
hoser1689
up the fuck i mean punk
User Info.
why no Tom Joad that was the best post E Street Band effort
10:20 AM on 06/01/11
SmittyMA
You think you know me?
User Info.
is there any chance you'll review The Promise as well? It's not a studio album obviously, but you reviewed a live album in here so i figured i'd throw it out there.
10:44 AM on 06/01/11
Michael1002
Attack and Rescue Mikkelles
User Info.
Love these reviews!
11:04 AM on 06/01/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Live in NYC, as the title would suggest, is not a studio album.

Bruce's 11th effort was The Ghost of Tom Joad.. and one of his better albums post-Nebraska.
This is the second time I've reviewed a live record and if you go to that review, I make it very plain that I am purposely skipping the Tom Joad album.
11:05 AM on 06/01/11
ACA
Next Show: CircaSurvive/TitleFight
User Info.
This is the second time I've reviewed a live record and if you go to that review, I make it very plain that I am purposely skipping the Tom Joad album.

Why?
11:20 AM on 06/01/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
I don't have 600 words to say about it, and listening to the entire thing like it was a normal new album review would defeat the purpose of this feature....just decided to skip it. I combined Human Touch and Lucky Town for a similar reason.....not enough to say about each.
11:38 AM on 06/01/11
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Heh, not to be a douche but is this really necessary ? Obviously this guy has a huge following but this seems like it'd be more in place in Rolling Stone or Enterrainment Weekly. Not trying to nitpick as I'm sure you've worked hard on this but I never really associated Bruce with anything punk or even alternative.
11:42 AM on 06/01/11
Motorcobra11
User Info.
Start.
12:11 PM on 06/01/11
RonStoppable
yeezy season approachin
User Info.
I really like this feature. If it introduces Bruce Springsteen to a few kids, then that's awesome.
12:17 PM on 06/01/11
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
Heh, not to be a douche but is this really necessary ? Obviously this guy has a huge following but this seems like it'd be more in place in Rolling Stone or Enterrainment Weekly. Not trying to nitpick as I'm sure you've worked hard on this but I never really associated Bruce with anything punk or even alternative.
Hmm, I've always felt Bruce had a very strong influence on punk, ie. Against Me!, Dropkick Murphy's, The Gaslight Anthem, etc. so I'd say it's still relevant. That, and a lot of us here seem to be unabashed Bruce worshipers
12:33 PM on 06/01/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
What Matt said. Also, I didn't realize people still thought AbsolutePunk still only covered punk music! Guess we should fire Eda, right? And not review pop records? Maybe change our name to punkpunkpunk.net to reaffirm the point some more.
12:47 PM on 06/01/11
Lueda Alia
User Info.
What Matt said. Also, I didn't realize people still thought AbsolutePunk still only covered punk music! Guess we should fire Eda, right? And not review pop records? Maybe change our name to punkpunkpunk.net to reaffirm the point some more.
Good luck with that, bitch.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version