Username
Password
The Arctic Monkeys News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Arctic Monkeys
Inside AP.net

Arctic Censorship

Posted by: Kyle Huntington (06/01/11)
Arctic Monkeys new album, Suck It And See, has caused some controversy stateside with its suggestive title. Don't forget you can still stream the record in full here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 55
09:46 AM on 06/01/11
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
What stores are doing this? I understand Walmart, but not if others are doing so
10:05 AM on 06/01/11
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
God, when will the people that own walmart actually walk into a walmart, so they can realize their entire customer base is ex-cons with annoying children and nagging wives? Who are you protecting here? None of the 3 can even read.
10:22 AM on 06/01/11
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
This country is so obnoxious.
10:33 AM on 06/01/11
Dr.Cock&Balls
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
just call it "suck it" that would be awesome
10:37 AM on 06/01/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
That sucks.
10:37 AM on 06/01/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
God, when will the people that own walmart actually walk into a walmart, so they can realize their entire customer base is ex-cons with annoying children and nagging wives? Who are you protecting here? None of the 3 can even read.

Lol
10:38 AM on 06/01/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
This country is so obnoxious.

Haha I find comments like this so stupid.
10:41 AM on 06/01/11
yetconfused
is no tragic bitch.
User Info.
That is fucking dumb.
10:44 AM on 06/01/11
Clark
Dirk Nowitzki's Beard
User Info.
"Rude and disrespectful"? What the fuck? They're the ones implying that it's "dirty" when it's just a common British expression meaning try something new. I can't stand our culture sometimes.
10:44 AM on 06/01/11
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
Haha I find comments like this so stupid.
I stand by it. People make such a huge deal over here about the smallest things. Every other country I've ever been to has amazed me with how differently they react to things that would cause "controversy" here.
10:47 AM on 06/01/11
4Glory
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Just like Living With Lions, another dumbass band who can't get it through their heads that the industry/retailers ALWAYS shut down anything controversial in terms of cover art or album title.
10:49 AM on 06/01/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I stand by it. People make such a huge deal over here about the smallest things. Every other country I've ever been to has amazed me with how differently they react to things that would cause "controversy" here.

That's a huge generalization. Whatever. Just because the Christian conservative Waltons find it offensive, doesnt mean anything. They have a long history with censorship.

Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense seeing they are the most money hungry capitalists in the US.

I mean, I want them to stop touching little boys, but I am but one man.
10:51 AM on 06/01/11
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
still baffles me how Walmart wont allow swears in music, but selling movies with nudity and swearing is fine. I mean, seriously. didnt we determine music isnt the devil when the Marshall Mathers LP DIDN'T create a generation of serial killers? Christ.
11:00 AM on 06/01/11
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
I wanna meet the people that walk around Wal-Mart, head to the cd section, look at this album cover and go "THIS IS OFFENSIVE AND I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT!". Censorship pisses me off so hard.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests