AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

General Announcement News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Mitch Dubey Benefit Comp

Posted by - 01:08 PM on 06/03/11
Pre-orders for Topshelf Records' benefit compilation for Mitch Dubey can be found here. A statement from the label about the compilation can be found in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20
01:08 PM on 06/03/11
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
StatementTopshelf Records is pleased to announce that they have started taking pre orders for a benefit compilation to support the Dubey family. For those unaware, one of the label's good friends (and a good friend to many other people), member of Swear Jar, and long time music enthusiast Mitch Dubey was tragically murdered in his New Haven, CT home in March of this year.

The compilation will feature live tracks recorded during My Heart To Joy’s final gig on May 14, 2011 from The Book Slave, Slingshot Dakota, Into It. Over It., Algernon Cadwallader, Snowing, Hostage Calm, Jettison and My Heart To Joy’s final set. Topshelf Records has planned a one time pressing of 500 12 inch records with all proceeds going to the Dubey family. For you vinyl junkies, the 500 records will be split between 125 Black, 125 Yellow, 125 Purple, and 125 Light Pink.

The album art was done by Ben Sears and each record will include a limited edition print by Juan Gabe (Comadre), Derrick Shanholtzer (The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die), Ryan Nelson (My Heart To Joy), Adam Vass (La Dispute), Kevin Duquette (Topshelf Records) & Ben Sears (Black God). Exact track listing is still TBA but all albums will come with downloads of each band's full set.

You can still make a donation to the Dubey family via paypal to Lauren.Dubey@gmail.com

Thanks!
01:25 PM on 06/03/11
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 730 bands!
User Info.
A bunch of people at my college (University of New Haven) knew him and said he was a good man. Is this thing really called "Fuck Off All Nerds"? Not the best title imo.
01:57 PM on 06/03/11
oscillators
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
A bunch of people at my college (University of New Haven) knew him and said he was a good man. Is this thing really called "Fuck Off All Nerds"? Not the best title imo.
Well you didn't know him, so of course you might think that. His friends would say it is perhaps one of the only appropriate titles.
02:26 PM on 06/03/11
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
This is gonna be sweet! Good cause A lot of bands that have played here recently have said something about this
02:46 PM on 06/03/11
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
Is it just me, or is there not a tracklisting for this anywhere?
02:46 PM on 06/03/11
PillsAndAdvice
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
One of my friends is also selling shirts to benefit the Dubey family: http://squareofopposition.bigcartel....-benefit-shirt
02:47 PM on 06/03/11
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 730 bands!
User Info.
Well you didn't know him, so of course you might think that. His friends would say it is perhaps one of the only appropriate titles.
Yeah I hear you on that.
02:48 PM on 06/03/11
ESundy36
GO FRIARS!
User Info.
Buy this! No other way to put it.
03:21 PM on 06/03/11
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
"Exact track listing is still TBA"
03:32 PM on 06/03/11
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
"Exact track listing is still TBA"
Ahh, missed that part.
04:14 PM on 06/03/11
Jimmy_Love
User Info.
I met this guy 3 weeks before he was murdered. With a doubt one of the nicest people I've ever met. I don't buy vinyl, but I'm still going to grab this.
04:14 PM on 06/03/11
more heart
Endure and survive
User Info.
The only thing Topshelf confirmed were which bands will be on the comp. I'm pretty sure they said the bands themselves will be selecting which songs will be included.
04:45 PM on 06/03/11
jennaksquared
User Info.
Weird, I go to UNH too. But yeah, the response to Mitch's death was overwhelming on campus. It's really a cool thing to see how one person can bring so many people together (/cliche).
05:02 PM on 06/03/11
yayitsjoe
An American Workplace.
User Info.
will be buying this soon.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT