Username
Password
Converge News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Converge
Inside AP.net

Show Review: Chaos in Tejas

Posted by: Adam Pfleider (06/03/11)
A review of my first night of Chaos in Tejas featuring Converge can be seen here.

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
04:18 PM on 06/03/11
Losing Streak
True Believer
User Info.
Was there. Shit ruled.
04:21 PM on 06/03/11
truthbetoldxx
http://www.milkshakes.bandcamp.c om
User Info.
I saw Converge last spring and it was unbelievable. Such an amazing band!
04:25 PM on 06/03/11
ACA
Next Show: MotionCitySoundtrack @NY
User Info.
Converge does heavy right. Most "heavy" bands covered on this website on a daily basis are a joke, it's nice to see something about Converge -- pioneers and leaders even today.
04:40 PM on 06/03/11
georgedcc
User Info.
I love Converge, so I feel a bit embarrassed for asking this, but what's happened to Nate? What specifically is his "medical state"?
04:44 PM on 06/03/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Wow, awesome line-up. Sounds like you had a great first day too. Have fun buddy!
06:09 PM on 06/03/11
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Converge does heavy right. Most "heavy" bands covered on this website on a daily basis are a joke, it's nice to see something about Converge -- pioneers and leaders even today.
I love Converge but you have to be in a certain mood to listen to them. For instance, I have 5 Converge albums but while they are all very high quality/amazing records not a single one is on my iPod. These new bands you speak of are often excellent in different ways. Many of them have more traditional song structures which are simply easier to listen to when working out for example.
11:13 PM on 06/03/11
CalRahhh
I Want That You Are Always Happy
User Info.
I love Converge but you have to be in a certain mood to listen to them. For instance, I have 5 Converge albums but while they are all very high quality/amazing records not a single one is on my iPod. These new bands you speak of are often excellent in different ways. Many of them have more traditional song structures which are simply easier to listen to when working out for example.
Converge are my favourite band, and I can listen to them at any time in any mood. But I can see how many wouldn't be able to handle them at times. They aren't entry level hardcore (even Jacob Bannon himself says this in this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRGC94_pxqE interview), they're a band for hardcore fans more tolerant of the more extreme aspects of the genre.

That said, its amazing they still put in their all to make it to the show even with Nate's condition. That alone would've put them above most touring bands today. The fact that they still put on a devastatingly powerful set pretty much puts them above any touring band in hardcore today.
05:41 AM on 06/04/11
Roboman
Don't Mind If I Didn't
User Info.
If Bannon's vocals were even moderately tolerable for me, I would most likely listen to Converge. But I can't stand the constant, monotonous RAH RAH RAHRAHRAH, which is a shame (a shame that the vocals are like that, not that I can't tolerate it). I mean, some of the "deathcore"/whatever you call it bands that I listen to (Oceano, for example) also have essentially completely unintelligible vocals, but for some reason I can deal with that and not whatever you call what comes out of Bannon's mouth.
06:16 AM on 06/04/11
AdamChildress
Wondrous Oblivion.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I would of loved to have gone to this.
09:15 AM on 06/04/11
Esrb99
The Pertinacious Papist
User Info.
saw them in stl tuesday, such an amazing band.
01:40 PM on 06/04/11
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
Converge is great live, but Age of Quarrel smokes anything they've done. I'd take the "current incarnation" of Cro-Mags over Converge in most instances.

I dunno if I'd compare Title Fight's sound to that of Fat/BYO/SOD. They might have the brash feel and tempos of a lot of the Fat bands from past and present, but they're far more indebted to '90s emo overall these days. (I'm not sure I hear much street punk in their sound, either.) If I was picking 3 labels I'd go Jade Tree/Revelation/No Idea.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums