AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

General Announcement News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Fucked Up's Pop Up Record Shop

Posted by - 12:01 AM on 06/05/11
On Tuesday Fucked Up are opening up a record store in Toronto for one day only and selling fans copies of David Comes To Life. Check the replies for more info.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
12:01 AM on 06/05/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
InfoDo you remember when music was cool, and people actually went out to buy records in person? Do you remember watching the news and seeing footage of all the freaks lining up outside of HMV** on Yonge street to buy "Sweet Dreams" by Marylin Manson or "Load" By Metallica? I do! Now, we would never attempt to replicate the admiration of the Anti-Crist himself, or the sheer repulsion of the under arm stench that coincides with being ...a fan of Metallica's "load" album - but We, Fucked Up, invite you to come and celebrate the release of our new rock opera, musical , party time, i swear this ain't emo, bop-o-rama, punker classic 12" "DAVID COMES TO LIFE", in the MIDNIGHT MADNESS sale of the century!!!

note
**some band members are also comparing this event to Walmart, I'm not sure what they bought at Walmart at a Midnite Madness Sale in their life but it def wasn't as cool as "sweet dreams!".

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

WHERE: THE CLINT ROENISCH GALLERY @ QUEEN AND SHAW

WHEN: JUNE 7th 12:01am (So really plan for an evening out on Monday June 6th)

The time to come is at night, but for all those who can't make it and want to pop by during the day on the 7th we will be open from 12-4pm selling the record and probably some other surprises TBA later on.

12am-4am
12pm-4pm

THE DEAL:
The record goes on sale June 7th when the clock strikes 12, and we are posting shop for one night/one day only in Clints Gallery (Thanks Clint!). This "POP UP RECORD STORE" will include many many many FU releases including the new one, Davids Town (oh no you di-int), some other rare stuff, etc etc.

We will be employees of the store, in our uniforms, and sell you the record in person. And since we are massive celebrities from The Wedge and CBC Radio 3 and super cool and really sociable, it should be a wonderful time! If you bring a guitar, Jonah will play it ALL NIGHT for you!!! Chim-Chim-Charoooo!!!!

Also, there is is FREE BEER and FREE CHIPS aka SNACKS. We will also dj tunes (no techno, Mike - seriously its getting old.) and design the place to look like the best store that existed for 24 hours EVER!

Lastly, there is some sort of Live WebCam streaming thing being set up by nerds (aka Josh) so the people not from Toronto can see people drinking beer, and buying records.. now THAT'S exciting viewing! As a type this, that sounds super boring and painful, so you can expect us to make sure theres some good worthy footage of the event for the online viewers ;)

[Disclaimer: If you are under the age of 18, you must have an adult present if you are viewing our NerdCam 1.0. Let's be serious though.. If you are over the age of 40 aka MOST OF YOU, put your kids to bed, and tuck in for a different kind of webcam experience than you are used to! ]

JOUDA!!!!!

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Don't miss out.
Come celebrate and pick up some records. Doors open at 12:01am!
First come, First serve.

LET YOUR FREAK FLAG FLY!

For more information on the record, more information on where to stream…..
please visit
lookingforgold.blogspot.com

-GOOGOOVNER

p.s
free beer & chips.
02:23 AM on 06/05/11
Wehavenocontrol
Bro, I mean, BRO!
User Info.
hahaha epic store!
02:42 AM on 06/05/11
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
These guys are crazy, love them.
07:42 AM on 06/05/11
youngmountain
http://littlewaves.bandcamp.com/
User Info.
Very cool, I would love to go this.
08:26 AM on 06/05/11
ThisIsNotDan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
that's so fucking awesome
09:20 AM on 06/05/11
Ricketts
@allenricketts
User Info.
These guys are awesome. I'm jealous of whoever goes.
09:28 AM on 06/05/11
TerrancePryor
twitter.com/terrancepryor
User Info.
Techno will never get old!! NEVEEEEER!!!
10:34 AM on 06/05/11
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
i love this band so much
10:41 AM on 06/05/11
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
Well, that's probably the survival rate for your average record store these days, so that makes sense.
11:53 AM on 06/05/11
bojl
asdf
User Info.
that's awesome of them!
01:10 PM on 06/05/11
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Awesome.

I miss record stores.
01:43 PM on 06/05/11
pinkert0n
t(-_-t)
User Info.
I really, really want to go to this.
02:35 PM on 06/05/11
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
That's fucked up.
03:27 PM on 06/05/11
mymusicismylife
Disgruntled wheat thins enthusiast
User Info.
I've been keeping an eye on all this stuff, so bummed I can't go.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos