Username
Password
Entertainment News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Entertainment
Inside AP.net

Entertainment Round-Up (6/5/2011)

Posted by: Thomas Balkcom (06/05/11)
Check out the replies to view and discuss this week in Movie, Television, and DVD news.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 29.
10:04 AM on 06/05/11
Thomas Balkcom
www.twitter.com/thomasbalkcom
User Info.
Entertainment Round-Up contributors: rest_easy, Stayillogical, and Thomas Balkcom
Industry News and Rumors:

Movies

01) The Hobbit films have titles and release dates!

02) Hugo Weaving will be playing six different characters in Cloud Atlas.

03) Matthew Modine might be playing a key villain in The Dark Knight Rises.

04) There will be no 3D for Dark Shadows.

05) Here are some character posters for the final installment of Harry Potter.

06) First look at Russell Brand and Alec Baldwin in Rock of Ages.

07) Noah Baumbach is currently preparing While We’re Young and is reportedly looking to reunite with Jesse Eisenberg.

08) Awesome rumor even outside of the fact that ANY rumor about an upcoming Tarantino project is awesome, DiCaprio could play a villain.

09) The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo gets an international poster. (NSFW)

10) Some Kevin Smith news.

11) Life of Pi has a release date of December 21, 2012.

12) This is reality.

13) Just tack this on to the many reasons to love Terrence Malick.

14) Want to be in The Dark Knight Rises and live in or near Pittsburgh? Check out the open casting call.

15) Jim Carrey says they are talking about another Bruce Almighty and even another Dumb and Dumber.

16) James Bond 23 will be released November 9th, 2012 worldwide and October 26th in the UK and Ireland.

17) The people bringing you Cowboys and Aliens, and will bring American Reunion (That’s an american pie movie for the big screen, a true sequel with original cast) will bring Alien at Large.

18) Speaking of American Reunion (May want to put a spoiler tag on this) some plot details have arisen. The 2 are still married and just had a kid and they are all going back to a high school reunion. It will have the original cast. Coming April 6th, 2012.

19) Here’s the cast of The Words (from the writers of Tron Legacy who will be directing) Olivia Wilde, Zoe Saldana, Ben Barnes, John Hannah, J.K. Simmons and Nora Arnezeder have joined Bradley Cooper, Jeremy Irons, and Dennis Quaid.

20) Here’s a clip from Twilight: Breaking Dawn.

21) Suzanne Collins trilogy The Hunger Games is looking to be split into 4 movies by Lionsgate films.

22) Bad Teacher clips.

23) Here's a clip of Fright Night.

24) Super 8 clip.

25) Green Lantern clip.

26) John Cho joins Total Recall. So far the cast is Collin Farrel as Douglas Quaid (played by Arnold originally) Bryan Cranston, Bill Nighy, Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel. Ethan Hawke is also said to appear in a cameo role.

27) Final casting for Snow White.

Television

01) Jane Lynch will host this year’s Emmys. The show will air on Sunday, September 18.

02) NBC is bringing back Fear Factor.

03) AMC has announced that Breaking Bad will return for its fourth season on July 17 and released this teaser trailer. Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

04) Edward James Olmos will join Dexter.

05) First 8 minutes of Teen Wolf.

06) Morena Baccarin (V and Firefly) will star opposite Claire Danes and Damian Lewis in Showtime’s Homeland.

Trailers

01) The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (leak of redband) - http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...attoo_leaks /
official trailer (might be the same I didn’t check)
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=78327
02) Spy Kids: All the Time in the World - http://www.slashfilm.com/spy-kids-al...ional-trailer/
03) Rise of the Planet of the Apes - http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810204226/video/25421173
04) Horrible Bosses - http://www.themoviebox.net/
05) Hey, I’m a Muppet (new trailer hangover style) - http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=78134
06) Friends with Benefits - http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=78081

Movies Out Next Week (6/10)

Super 8
Trollhunter
Midnight in Paris

DVDs Out Next Week (6/7)

True Grit
Breaking Bad: Complete Third Season
Sanctum
Just Go With It
The Company Men

Absolutepunk Entertainment Links

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Dark Knight Rises
Captain America
Beginners
X-Men: First Class

-------
sources: aintitcool.com, slashfilm.com, empire.com, theavclub.com, tv.ign.com, fandango.com, videoeta.com, deadline.com, variety.com, comingsoon.net, firstshowing.com, superherohype.com, theplaylist.com, mubi.com,

-------
If you have a bit of entertainment news you'd like to submit for next week's Round-Up, send your submission to Thomas Balkcom with "Entertainment Round-Up" in the subject header.
10:11 AM on 06/05/11
blimpcityhero11
Registered Fraud
User Info.
Tarantino's Django Unchained could be amazing... Supposedly, it'd be Will Smith in the lead as well.

Also, I got advanced screening passes for Super 8 on Tuesday and I am incredibly hyped.
10:12 AM on 06/05/11
plentymad
User Info.
Green Lantern looks like it could go either way. I still think they should have used Taye Diggs.

I can't imagine Rock of Ages being any good.

They've already ruined Dumb and Dumber with that prequel, so I'm interested to see how a proper sequel would turn out.

Total Recall should be awesome.
10:21 AM on 06/05/11
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
Muppets trailer was awesome.

X-Mem First Class is a killer movie
10:32 AM on 06/05/11
Fedaykin
fickle flu to see it's antidote
User Info.
The old man rolls the hard 6 on Dexter? Fuck yea!
10:32 AM on 06/05/11
Ryan Gardner
@RyanGardnerC
User Info.
Really excited for The Hobbit.

Didn't know they were making a Cloud Atlas movie; have the book on my shelf, guess I'll read it soon. Same with The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and Hunger Games

Excited for Tarantino project

Can't wait to see X-Men, Super 8, and Bad Teacher
11:45 AM on 06/05/11
amorning_ofsleep
Lifestyle determines my deathstyle
User Info.
Excited for the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and Hunger Games.
12:06 PM on 06/05/11
xapplexpiex
&.&
User Info.
Captain Will Adama will be on Dexter? No flippin' way.
12:07 PM on 06/05/11
AdamChildress
Wondrous Oblivion.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Really excited for The Hobbit.

Didn't know they were making a Cloud Atlas movie; have the book on my shelf, guess I'll read it soon. Same with The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and Hunger Games

Excited for Tarantino project

Can't wait to see X-Men, Super 8, and Bad Teacher
Agreed.
01:14 PM on 06/05/11
mrnegativezero
You wanted to set the world on fire
User Info.
There are two Snow White movies, which is going to be annoying. I'm interested in both however.

I've enjoyed Noah Baumbach's films, would be cool to see Jesse Eisenberg back on screen to one of his films.

As for the Tarantino rumors... that's just fantastic. DiCaprio has villain is something I have to see, and in a Tarantino film no less.
01:38 PM on 06/05/11
LoadedGunX21
21 and invincible..
User Info.
why would anyone schedule a movie release on 12/21/12. if anything, schedule it for the day before so people can actually watch it before the world ends
03:14 PM on 06/05/11
*crying stars*
... are you crazy?
User Info.
Movies
05) Here are some character posters for the final installment of Harry Potter.
Neville is surprisingly handsome now.

06) First look at Russell Brand and Alec Baldwin in Rock of Ages.
Still really skeptical.

08) Awesome rumor even outside of the fact that ANY rumor about an upcoming Tarantino project is awesome, DiCaprio could play a villain.
Would be really, really cool. And might FINALLY get Leo the Oscar.

09) The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo gets an international poster. (NSFW)
That's hot.

21) Suzanne Collins trilogy The Hunger Games is looking to be split into 4 movies by Lionsgate films.
Harry Potter has taught everyone how to milk out a series, man, hah.

26) John Cho joins Total Recall. So far the cast is Collin Farrel as Douglas Quaid (played by Arnold originally) Bryan Cranston, Bill Nighy, Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel. Ethan Hawke is also said to appear in a cameo role.
Cast is actually looking good. Love John Cho. Side note: can't wait for Star Trek 2 already.

Television

01) Jane Lynch will host this year’s Emmys. The show will air on Sunday, September 18.
Might be awesome. Can't wait for NPH to host the Tonys though!
03:46 PM on 06/05/11
Manbotisdead
speaking hot fire
User Info.
Can't wait for season 4 of breaking bad. That last season was absolutely amazing.
04:58 PM on 06/05/11
JZebrak57
I am not a registered user
User Info.
I hope they split Catching Fire into two movies, and not Mockingjay. Mockingjay doesn't have enough 'meat' to be split.
Or just make a prequel that covers the first rebellion/The Dark Days. That would be even better.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS