Username
Password

Comments: Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 602
02:48 AM on 06/06/11
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
I'm anxious to hear this album...but if the lyrics and song meanings will be the deciding factor...the bands and albums I love are the ones I can relate with...if the lyrics are too personal about the band and stuff...it won't explode.
02:55 AM on 06/06/11
Acad08
@explorerbri
User Info.
Looking forward to listening to this album!
02:59 AM on 06/06/11
Charlesieiy
The night just grew its fangs
User Info.
I mean, I enjoyed the album. I guess the lyrics just don't do it for me. The message is good and positive, which is a nice change of pace. I guess the few rants on the opening tracks about how much he hated certain people kinda gave me a bad taste and came off as a self-pity statement. That is where he lost my credibility at least (for whatever that is worth, ha). But yeah I can see where the "I'm not sad anymore" message could hit on major levels with people.

Thanks for not being a dick and respecting my opinion by the way haha.
Mm yeah I can see what you mean, it could get a bit jarring with all that. It never really bothered me; infact, I found it pretty funny because one of the lines in my last semester PERFECTLY describes a good friend of mine to the T! Honestly, I had the Upsides on my iPod for about a year before I "got" it if you get me haha, I always thought melrose diner was a pretty jarring, self-centred song because I consistently missed the one single line of redemption ("I know he's what you need"). When I gave it a proper listen it opened up a whole new perspective on it haha! Also yeah the self-pityish theme is something I found was there for a bit, but hey, the album's about the upsides after all. It's about him getting over that, and I guess that's why it never really sunk in too deep over in my camp.

Yeah no problem dude! Each to their own, no point getting uppity about people's music tastes. Everyone's different!
04:08 AM on 06/06/11
The_Blackout94
Chances are, I'm injured
User Info.
Most anticipated of the year. Pre ordered a while back. Canny wait to get my hands on it.

Also, what percentage did it get on here? I can't see since I'm on my phone.
04:21 AM on 06/06/11
_><_
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If it's half as good as The Upsides this record is going to rule hard, but i'm sure Gospel will still be remain my AOTY.
04:25 AM on 06/06/11
Alison1488
____
User Info.
I'm seeing The Wonder Years at their record release show in about two weeks. This review got me SO MUCH more excited to see them live once again and to hear this album. Good job on the review, man.
04:35 AM on 06/06/11
Half_Invented!
User Info.
This review is going to make the next week go by sooo slooowwwww
04:36 AM on 06/06/11
Loyaltabk
. . .Sure, let's go with that.
User Info.
I know it's doubtful, but will this be in Target?
04:58 AM on 06/06/11
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sweeeeet.
05:04 AM on 06/06/11
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
This is the record that launches them from a pop-punk band into something more. It's their Deja Entendu.

An improvement on the prior record, yes, but not nearly as much a musical/lyrical step away.
05:10 AM on 06/06/11
2LW
I'm starting to decompose
User Info.
I liked The Upsides not revered it, but I'm really excited for this. I put all my faith in Thomas on this one and will now have a ridiculous expectation for this album.

Great review.
05:15 AM on 06/06/11
simplejack
Soundtrack of My Silence
User Info.
I want this record RIGHT NOW!
05:19 AM on 06/06/11
Charlesieiy
The night just grew its fangs
User Info.
This review is going to make the next week go by sooo slooowwwww
God I know exactly what you mean. This day's gone by horrifically slowly as it is...
05:44 AM on 06/06/11
EchoPark
promesas son sombras
User Info.
What's that last part mean? Haha.

Only meant that Fallon used to be my favorite reviewer on the site, but you are fast becoming the top scribe.

Keep up the good work.
05:55 AM on 06/06/11
xxkayohbee
User Info.
as if i wasn't already overly excited for this album...

fantastic review, can't wait to hear it for myself!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos