Username
Password

Album Review - Page 40
Displaying posts 585 - 600 of 602.
05:48 AM on 02/17/12
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
I agree. The Wonder Years did something spectacular with this album but in my opinion, Gospel was much more well executed and was my '11 album of the year.
You and me both brother. Also never got into this record.
08:35 PM on 02/24/12
crf1895
get kinda awesome
User Info.
this one's a record you really struggle to like (i did) but it's also one that pays off your effort tenfold. all of you guys who "couldn't get into this record", give it another couple of tries.
05:32 AM on 04/07/12
jdog22
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Album still has me hooked!
09:50 AM on 04/07/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Album still has me hooked!
Truth. I've been listening a good amount the past couple weeks for no particular reason.
05:12 PM on 04/18/12
jordanhageman12
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Such a great album, and I heavily agree that this is their Deja Entendu
10:17 PM on 06/12/12
Stereocascade
Don't Make A Wee Bit O' Sense
User Info.
Fantastic album. Every song is amazing. Soupy's vocals are as raw and honest as ever, and each song painstakingly real and honest. Though for some reason, "I Won't Say The Lord's Prayer" slightly perturbs me.
09:19 PM on 07/17/12
pondebong
User Info.
Nothing that came out in the last 5 years can touch this album. This is just amazing.
09:59 AM on 07/26/12
Sherlock's Mind
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Solid enough album but not deserving of a 95. To be honest, the only songs I listen to from the album nowadays is Came Out Swinging and And Now I'm Nothing. They absolutely nailed the opener and closer but everything in between is a wide range of quality. I don't really think it's all that consistent. I'd probably give it between an 80 and 85.

Nothing that came out in the last 5 years can touch this album. This is just amazing.

Absolutely disagree with this statement. Fireworks has no doubt set the mark for the newer pop punk bands. Gospel is the most musically creative and original pop punk album of this generation. Just when I thought Pop Punk couldn't take any more turns, Fireworks obliterated that thought. I'm not sure if Gospel will influence a bunch of newer bands like say NFG did when they redefined the genre with their first two albums, but it sure as hell gave pop punk another area to explore. I never thought that any pop punk band had the audacity to make such a heavy indie influenced album but Fireworks hit it on the head.
10:01 AM on 07/26/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I still think this record is great all the way through, I have almost never listened to The Upsides since this came out.
10:12 AM on 07/26/12
The_Blackout94
Chances are, I'm injured
User Info.
This album, for me, is the best album since Blink-182's S/T. Every single song on it is pretty much gold. No matter which new albums come out I find myself going back and listening to this. The Upsides was feet, but this really does top it. I feel the score of 95 was entirely justified.
09:59 PM on 10/15/12
SparkBoy85
StefawnPeepees
User Info.
This album, for me, is the best album since Blink-182's S/T. Every single song on it is pretty much gold. No matter which new albums come out I find myself going back and listening to this. The Upsides was feet, but this really does top it. I feel the score of 95 was entirely justified.

I agree with you. I find myself going back to this album all the time. It's such an awesome album. Same with Blink-182's S/T. It's a classic, and I'm pretty sure that Suburbia will become a classic. I think it pretty much already has.
10:07 AM on 02/28/13
hxchippo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This might be the greatest Pop Punk album of time. Its by far my favorite album ever. Everything about this record is perfection, not a dull song the album.
05:42 PM on 03/04/13
SeanMichaelC
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Great review! This is honestly one of my favorite albums ever.
12:22 PM on 06/02/13
Jamied123
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The Deja Entendu comparison is probably fair, but it's not quite gotten me emotionally hooked the same way Brand New did. Will probably have to give it some more time before I can give it that much praise.
07:13 PM on 07/23/13
wecleanupsowell
Abbe Hinder
User Info.
Greta review, I don't think anything The Wonder Years comes out with can be called anything less than awesome.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests