Username
Password
Purevolume News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Purevolume
Inside AP.net

PureVolume's Bonnaroo Recommendations

Posted by: Jay Nainav (06/08/11)
PureVolume posted a playlist of must-see bands on the Bonnaroo lineup. Check it out if you're in Tennessee (or if you wish you were).

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
12:59 PM on 06/08/11
InTheatersNow
Suck My Balls
User Info.
BASSNECTAR. Most the groups on that playlist would fall under "only if there was no one else playing."
01:24 PM on 06/08/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
BASSNECTAR. Most the groups on that playlist would fall under "only if there was no one else playing."

Ha! You're kidding right?
01:50 PM on 06/08/11
COREhorizon
Get Free
User Info.
One day maybe I'll make it to Bonnaroo....or maybe Lollapalooza. Not sure which is closer to PA.
02:21 PM on 06/08/11
Jim Morgan
You Are The Moon.
User Info.
This is my second year of attending Bonnaroo and I'm stoked.
02:23 PM on 06/08/11
Jim Morgan
You Are The Moon.
User Info.
One day maybe I'll make it to Bonnaroo....or maybe Lollapalooza. Not sure which is closer to PA.

Definitely Chicago. We drove from NJ to Tennessee and it was about 14 hours. Chi town is about 10/12
07:58 PM on 06/08/11
harveyn590
User Info.
No Dr John & The Meters?
08:06 AM on 06/09/11
InTheatersNow
Suck My Balls
User Info.
08:15 AM on 06/09/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.

Heady, brooo. Jk jk.

Yeah, Pretty Lights killed when I saw them. Would love to see String Cheese, those guys shred...haha. Widespread didnt really do it for me though. They were old, boring and just dragged on...maybe that was part of my come down, but whatever. Is Tea Leaf Green playing?
09:06 AM on 06/09/11
InTheatersNow
Suck My Balls
User Info.
Heady, brooo. Jk jk.

Yeah, Pretty Lights killed when I saw them. Would love to see String Cheese, those guys shred...haha. Widespread didnt really do it for me though. They were old, boring and just dragged on...maybe that was part of my come down, but whatever. Is Tea Leaf Green playing?
No Tea Leaf isn't playing. They were at Summer Camp that I went to two weeks ago though.

I'm just trying to say there is a distinction between which acts translate well to a huge festival setting. The big electronic acts get the crowd going and the jam bands have very devout followings that come out in big numbers for festivals. Bonnaroo knows what they are doing and they gave the bands I listed the killer time slots because they have proven they will deliver.
09:10 AM on 06/09/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
No Tea Leaf isn't playing. They were at Summer Camp that I went to two weeks ago though.

I'm just trying to say there is a distinction between which acts translate well to a huge festival setting. The big electronic acts get the crowd going and the jam bands have very devout followings that come out in big numbers for festivals. Bonnaroo knows what they are doing and they gave the bands I listed the killer time slots because they have proven they will deliver.

For sure, man. Im right there with you. I listen to, enjoy and appreciate all types of music. Obviously you do too. I love my punk bands I love my indie bands and I love the Grateful Dead. I had so much fun at 10k...i really wish it was still going down, but I might make it out to Bella this year. We'll see. Big Gigantic and Tea Leaf are two of my festy favs.
09:15 AM on 06/09/11
InTheatersNow
Suck My Balls
User Info.
For sure, man. Im right there with you. I listen to, enjoy and appreciate all types of music. Obviously you do too. I love my punk bands I love my indie bands and I love the Grateful Dead. I had so much fun at 10k...i really wish it was still going down, but I might make it out to Bella this year. We'll see. Big Gigantic and Tea Leaf are two of my festy favs.
Big Gigantic has rocked my face off three times before, love them.
09:19 AM on 06/09/11
xmmmusicx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
River city extension! They are opening up one of the main tents (this tent) today at 4pm! They are also playing Friday at the ford garage tent. Go see what all the fuss is about!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests