Username
Password
Record Sales News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Record Sales
Inside AP.net

Lady Gaga Sales Fall 84%

Posted by: Jason Tate (06/10/11)
Lady Gaga's Born This Way set another record this week: sales of the album dropped off by 84% from its sizzling (but discount-inflated) opening week.

Submitted by LongDistanceDrunk

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 46.
10:43 AM on 06/10/11
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
Look at my face. Look at how surprised I am.
10:46 AM on 06/10/11
Zummy
I'm illegal in 48 states
User Info.
It just goes to show that all of the mindless drones who wanted the album got the album and everyone else realized it wasn't worth the full price. Personally, I am happy about this. Lady Gaga is a plague and hope she gets the hell out of the music business.
10:47 AM on 06/10/11
Ricketts
@allenricketts
User Info.
Well, inflating you're first week sure makes ya look like a schmuck the next week.
10:50 AM on 06/10/11
kemppettyjohn
Pilot Jones, Pilot Jones
User Info.
the album cover is atrocious, I would be too embarrassed to take the physical copy to the cash register
10:51 AM on 06/10/11
Macbeth.
User Info.
10:52 AM on 06/10/11
Truffle Shuffle
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
She's laughing all the way to the bank though (or her record label is) as Amazon paid $9 a pop for each download.
10:54 AM on 06/10/11
whitelightning7
Registered Member
User Info.
That's what happens when you sell your album for a $1.
10:55 AM on 06/10/11
JZebrak57
I am not a registered user
User Info.
This doesn't surprise me. Everybody who wanted the album got it the first week, especially because of the discount.

I'm proud to say I was not one of them.
10:59 AM on 06/10/11
Ricketts
@allenricketts
User Info.
the album cover is atrocious, I would be too embarrassed to take the physical copy to the cash register
This. Sometimes I think album art really doesn't matter that much but Jesus, that shit is so motha fuckin' dumb.
11:00 AM on 06/10/11
Thisisgoodbye
User Info.
the sad thing is that even with an 84% drop, she still remained the number 1 album.

Death Cab should of made that slot.
11:01 AM on 06/10/11
MJB12
User Info.
You know what 95% of artists would do to sell over a million copies of an album, regardless of the price? (It would have sold easily 750-800k without the Amazon discount) Yet alone in a WEEK?! It doesn't matter what it sells week-to-week, over a MILLION copies.

Did you hear that? A MILLION.
11:08 AM on 06/10/11
Hi I'm Six Five
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You know what 95% of artists would do to sell over a million copies of an album, regardless of the price? (It would have sold easily 750-800k without the Amazon discount) Yet alone in a WEEK?! It doesn't matter what it sells week-to-week, over a MILLION copies.

Did you hear that? A MILLION.

You know what's cooler than a million?

A BILLION.
11:14 AM on 06/10/11
HometownHero
User Info.
What's crazy is that N'Sync album nearly sold 2 million copies first week in 2001. I love that album.
11:17 AM on 06/10/11
Dm!tr! the !st
need new username.
User Info.
Not even trying to be "that guy" but why is this site singling out her album sales and almost everything she does in a negative light? Why is this even news? I'm not even that big a fan of her but there is such a bias present that almost has shit to do with her music and it's amazing... Yes everyone has the right to their opinion- not attacking or denying that. I just don't get why AP has been targeting Born This Way as if the albums existence physically pains the users of this site. But that's just my observation.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS