AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Truth In Transit - 06.11.11

Interviewed by
Truth In Transit - 06.11.11Truth In Transit is an up and coming rock band from Long Island, NY. I had the opportunity to lead singer, Graham Capobianco, about the recently started band.

1. Introduce yourself and your role in the band.
My name is Graham, I sing and play guitar for Truth In Transit.

2. You recently released your debut EP, En Route. Can you give some background on it?
The landscape of this EP is something that had been in a constant state of change, from the forming of the band in late August 2010 right up to the day we recorded scratch tracks in February 2011. The journey started when I was kicked out of my last band and began to write music on my own last August. I wrote as much out of necessity as I did out of a desire to continue to make music, regardless of the set back. Our good friends at Shatterproof Clothing had booked my previous band for a show and, after getting the news, asked if I would still perform to whatever capacity I could. This and all of the amazing support I got from within and around the industry/scene encouraged me to reach out to some of my good friends, form a band and continue to write. I teamed up with my good friends EJ DiPasquale (Lead Guitar) Phil Mazzola (Bass/Vocals) and Dan Smith (Drums), who were also ironically enough ex-members of my previous band. We all began to write together, abandoning my original notion of a solo project. After EJ left the band and James Smith (Guitar/Vocals) joined, we went on a writing and restructuring spree right in time to record. At this point, we had finally begun to carve the outline of the EP and cut the songs we had grown out of in a short time. Our style, image and intentions have evolved so much from the beginning and continue to evolve to this day. En Route captures that transition pretty well I think.

3. You describe yourselves as "Dreamcore." What is that?
Ha, great question! When we first moved into our old practice space at Cellar Door Studios in Amityville, NY, A band we're good friends with called The Standstill wandered into our practice space one day to say hello. At that point we had only played 2 shows and had no recordings. They were all curious what we sounded like, and their bassist Brian sat down on top of my amp and said, "So what are you guys, like a Dreamcore band or something?" It immediately became an inside joke that now lives on in our Facebook genre listing. No offense to any actual Dreamcore bands out there.

4. You originally were called The Disappearing Act. Why the name change?
We changed our name from The Disappearing Act to Truth In Transit because I discovered a band in El Paso, TX that had came out with a CD under the same name a couple months after we had formed. They're a pretty cool indie rock duo and they clearly beat us to the punch, so we decided to change our name.

5. Is this band an extension of your previous project, Our Own Ghosts?
This band is a complete and total departure from Our Own Ghosts. I could go into why, but I encourage everyone to find out and decide for themselves.

6. What are your plans for the rest of 2011?
After releasing our CD May 24th and playing our record release show June 4th, we're taking the rest of the year as it comes. After taking a four month hiatus from shows, we plan to play locally as often as we can and do some short tours through the northeast. We're all really anxious to write and record again (and we've already started to) so we plan to do a lot of writing this fall to begin to put together a new release this winter.

7. Anything else to say?
Thanks for your time, man. Greatly appreciated. You can preview our whole EP on Purevolume at http://www.purevolume.com/TruthInTra...lbums/En+Route and it is available at every major digital distributor as well as our webstore.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests