Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts.
10:45 AM on 04/24/07
concreteboy
Party Machine
User Info.
i'll be surprised if anyone under the age of 20 knows who this band is. they remind me of such good times.
12:14 PM on 04/24/07
concreteboy
Party Machine
User Info.
its so funny to me...i allllmost said 18 to catch the oldschool emo stragglers. curses. either way, on average, i was right. i wasn't saying "you kids don't know anything" i was just saying that most people under the age of, okay, 18 wouldn't know who they were...do you guys know Fifteen, Braid, Samiam? its just a matter of when you grew up/who you grew up with. i'm honestly interested in meeting young kids who like emo from when emo was an insult...
12:47 PM on 04/24/07
concreteboy
Party Machine
User Info.
isn't/wasn't Samiam doing some stuff recently?? I thought I had heard about them playing shows, or writing about a year or so ago...could be way wrong though. we played with a band in Minnesota which I can't for the life of me remember their name, I think it was Audio something...anyways, it was Jeremy who was in Gratitude and the bassist was from Samiam....

The Stereo maybe?
05:16 AM on 04/25/07
concreteboy
Party Machine
User Info.
you'd be suprised

i love them

cocky asshole

ease up on the asshole business, and you COULD look about three posts up and see exactly what i meant...
05:34 AM on 04/25/07
concreteboy
Party Machine
User Info.
Okay, apparently what I said got a little misconstrued by some defensive people. I wasn't saying that it was impossible, I said I would be surprised. Your average kid these days doesn't have any appreciation for bands like Texas... or their mid-nineties counterparts. They love Saves the Day but they hadn’t listened to Lifetime until Pete Wentz started hyping them (which is totally cool to me because that means that, hopefully, a whole new generation will get into older music). I wasn't saying that kids are dumb or that I was cooler, I happened to be just old enough to try and be in with the cooler, older kids who happened to listen to bands like this. I’m only 22, I obviously wasn't deep in the scene back then. No one is doling out or revoking hipster points, I traded all of mine it for a sweet scarf back in 2000 when I wanted to be in the Get up Kids. all in all, if you're into music like this then get people to listen to it because, as hard as it is to see, the underground scene that I grew up in love with is dying away due to people not knowing where they come from...spread the word so next time I won't be so surprised when a post like this shows up between an update about Brendan Urie's new Noisepop side project and who Pete Wentz is currently sticking it to.

And before all of you FOB kids get pissed and defensive I have "they call kids like us vicious and carved out of stone" tattooed around my elbow in Pete's handwriting.

If I keep this up they're going to take away my horn rimmed glasses
08:04 AM on 04/25/07
concreteboy
Party Machine
User Info.
Now the question remains. How many of the younger kids on here have older brothers/sisters that were into them and that's how you started listening to them at a young age? Totally not trying to start a battle here. I'm just curious because it's honestly how I started getting into this scene and I know kids that start young this way seems to be the general prognosis.

I got into these guys around 97 due to my best friends older brother playing them whenever he drove us around.

exactly my point
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums