AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
General Announcement News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 68.
11:37 AM on 04/24/07
disconnectreno
User Info.
i'll be surprised if anyone under the age of 20 knows who this band is. they remind me of such good times.

<--- band was awesome.
11:40 AM on 04/24/07
psykosteve
Steve
User Info.
It is a sham that all kids on here listening to shitty emo bands will never understand what this band did for this scene.
11:43 AM on 04/24/07
MasonR5
Water and Mason
User Info.
heard of them a while back but never given them a listen.

judging from their myspace songs, i wish i would have gotten into them sooner.
11:43 AM on 04/24/07
Johnny Minardi
User Info.
i'll be surprised if anyone under the age of 20 knows who this band is. they remind me of such good times.

Agreed. These records are still amazing with each listen.
11:44 AM on 04/24/07
Manbotisdead
speaking hot fire
User Info.

I've known about them for years and I'm 19. Time to get surprised.
11:47 AM on 04/24/07
Boo Radley
User Info.
The reunion show was awesome!
12:02 PM on 04/24/07
PoliticalMike
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Kind of a pointless update IMO.
12:14 PM on 04/24/07
concreteboy
Party Machine
User Info.
its so funny to me...i allllmost said 18 to catch the oldschool emo stragglers. curses. either way, on average, i was right. i wasn't saying "you kids don't know anything" i was just saying that most people under the age of, okay, 18 wouldn't know who they were...do you guys know Fifteen, Braid, Samiam? its just a matter of when you grew up/who you grew up with. i'm honestly interested in meeting young kids who like emo from when emo was an insult...
12:17 PM on 04/24/07
Speyside
We Still Care
User Info.
I'll definitely be picking this poster up.
12:22 PM on 04/24/07
ArmaniMassacre
Death Defying Musician
User Info.
its so funny to me...i allllmost said 18 to catch the oldschool emo stragglers. curses. either way, on average, i was right. i wasn't saying "you kids don't know anything" i was just saying that most people under the age of, okay, 18 wouldn't know who they were...do you guys know Fifteen, Braid, Samiam? its just a matter of when you grew up/who you grew up with. i'm honestly interested in meeting young kids who like emo from when emo was an insult...

isn't/wasn't Samiam doing some stuff recently?? I thought I had heard about them playing shows, or writing about a year or so ago...could be way wrong though. we played with a band in Minnesota which I can't for the life of me remember their name, I think it was Audio something...anyways, it was Jeremy who was in Gratitude and the bassist was from Samiam....
12:26 PM on 04/24/07
Waitingtofall4
Oi!
User Info.
I'm so glad I got into them, I know what I was missing out on
12:27 PM on 04/24/07
etomicsean
Lannen Fall / Sean - Manager
User Info.

wow fifteen used to be one of my fav bands. i used to listen to buzz like everyday.

way to make me feel incredibly old!

and i was at the sunday titr show. it basically made my life.
12:27 PM on 04/24/07
lightcollapse
on the edge of summer
User Info.
im 15 and i love them, what it is yo
12:30 PM on 04/24/07
Joe Lemble
Silent Movie Records
User Info.

i would agree with you. im sure more people have at least heard of braid though esp with bob nanna still being pretty active and them doing that reunion tour.

as for TITR it's sad that more people don't know how amazing this band was. the reunion show was untouchable when it comes to the best show of my life.

i cant really throw stones though, there are a lot of bands that i got into long after the band wagon left the station, but it doesnt mean i cant hold them just as close to my heart - even TITR, hell they broke up in 96/97. most kids on here (especially the younger ones) would probably be lying to say they were HUGE into TITR before they broke up. I got into them through a friend that is 6 or 7 years older than me and I thank him still. hha.
12:31 PM on 04/24/07
alcoholandirony
User Info.
their ep is incredible.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles