Password

Album Review

Safety Word Orange - Acceptance EP Album Cover

Safety Word Orange - Acceptance EP

Reviewed by
Safety Word OrangeAcceptance EP
Record Label: None
Release Date: June 14, 2011
This review was written by an AP.net staff member.
Now three EPs into the pop-punk game, Safety Word Orange proves the third time truly is the charm with Acceptance. Following off right where last summer’s On Your Mark. Get Set. left off, Acceptance is another record right on time for a hot summer, filled with glistening pop-punk tunes and music made for the beach or simply driving around this summer with the windows rolled down. Yeah, it’s that season again.

With a sound similar to similar acts such as The Swellers, Go Radio, and The Dangerous Summer, Safety Word Orange prove they could easily stand beside these groups; however, what they need first is an official full length record. With that said, Acceptance only leaves listeners even more excited for that debut. Take the opening “Sound The Alarm,” for example – a track with fiery guitars and one of the most addicting choruses of the summer. As James Mason sings “There’s only one way to stop the shaking in our hands / Slip me that antidote come rescue me girl” it’s nearly impossible not to sing along. On the other end of the spectrum, “Tin Can Telescope” follows with more pop than punk, as Safety Word Orange slow it down a bit on this vocal zenith of the record, again channeling The Dangerous Summer. The guitar intro on “Breathe” reminds us of the intro to All Time Low’s “Six Feet Under The Stars,” but the comparison stops there, as what follows is another addictive number of summery pop-punk music.

Not straying far from the path, “459” kicks off with killer guitars before Mason leads another addictive summer track. As the EP closes off at the 15 minute mark, it’s clear that Safety Word Orange don’t feel the need to fix what ain’t broken – a wise idea, at that. Nothing groundbreaking or monumental, Acceptance is simply a short dosage of summer – nothing less, nothing more. Further demonstrating their knack for addictive pop hooks and sing-along choruses, Safety Word Orange have released the EP of the summer, once again.

Recommended If You Likepop-punk; Go Radio; The Swellers; The Dangerous Summer

Additional Information
Track Listing:
1. Sound The Alarm
2. Tin Can Telescope
3. Breathe
4. 459

Safety Word Orange are:
James Mason – Vocals
Robbie Rusbuldt – Guitar, Vocals
Jackson Wise – Guitar, Vocals
Will Michalik – Bass
Travis King – Drums

Myspace

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
09:03 PM on 06/12/11
brandon_260
User Info.
Sounds like something I'd like. Another quality review, Ryan.
11:14 PM on 06/12/11
Heroin Robot
User Info.
Rva
11:16 PM on 06/12/11
Penguin
ANTHYDING CAN HADPLEN
User Info.
It's nice to see awesome bands coming from Richmond.
11:26 PM on 06/12/11
Nardes
User Info.
Can't wait to hear this! But I'm amazed they are rarely compared to Hit the Lights.... I'd put them in the same ballpark!
08:34 AM on 06/13/11
CBBK24
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this album rules! it's streaming here: http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/#/17
08:36 AM on 06/13/11
heartinlondon
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
these guys are everywhere these days, and rightfully so. great EP!
09:38 AM on 06/13/11
tm decomposer
KEMBA WALKER 4 PREZ!!
User Info.
Better comparisons would be Hit the Lights and Just Surrender. Incredible EP. This should get them on the map.
12:30 PM on 06/13/11
jornor
RVA
User Info.
Excellent review
01:29 PM on 06/13/11
AdamChildress
Wondrous Oblivion.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Good stuff =D
03:35 PM on 06/13/11
juanmp10
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i love this EP

09:13 PM on 06/13/11
Corey Hoffy
I refuse to spend life on my knees
User Info.
Loved their last EP. Definitely going to buy this.
10:42 PM on 06/13/11
Tanyaahhh
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This album is amazing :) These boys have so much heart and put so much of just that into yet another amazing EP. This guys right, it's time for a full length!! I'm already ready for more! <3
11:24 PM on 06/13/11
ashley916
User Info.
Awesome guys who are just working hard doing what they love. I loved their last EP and this one is just as amazing. I can't wait for them to put out a full length someday :)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos