Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
track 10 is good
07:51 AM on 06/15/11
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Not that I had any plans to check this out but you've certainly cemented that stance for me.
08:01 AM on 06/15/11
Brissona
Dye the World
User Info.
hahaha I got to the first gang vocal part in their music video on facebook and almost burst out laughing..
08:09 AM on 06/15/11
cococrisp20
3Hunna
User Info.
why even review this?
08:14 AM on 06/15/11
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
User Info.
Might've been assigned to.

That last line is killer.
08:18 AM on 06/15/11
HeavenResign
Registered Member
User Info.
If anyone on this site would give this band a positive review, it'd be Joe. He's a big fan of "fun" pop music.

I also agree bad music should be ignored, but honestly I bet Joe gave this a fair shot more than I would.
09:12 AM on 06/15/11
xsinkshipsx
@alexmacwilliam
User Info.
the only thing that makes this band worse is the fact that they are christian. I love Jesus, but I want good bands representing my God
09:36 AM on 06/15/11
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
the only thing that makes this band worse is the fact that they are christian. I love Jesus, but I want good bands representing my God
Yeah, like Creed!

CAN YOU TAKE ME HIYAH, JESUS! I MEAN... HIYAH!
09:41 AM on 06/15/11
SeanBNS
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I will say that I just played a show with this band a couple days ago, and they are some of the nicest dudes I've ever met. They were pretty cool to watch live, too.
10:17 AM on 06/15/11
karadotcollett
altmusiclife.tumblr.com
User Info.
Yeah, like Creed!

CAN YOU TAKE ME HIYAH, JESUS! I MEAN... HIYAH!
I wouldn't call Creed a Christian band...
10:24 AM on 06/15/11
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
I wouldn't call Creed a Christian band...
That's the joke!

*sigh

It's been long speculated that Scott Stapp's lyrics were directed towards Christianity and loving Jesus and how easy it would be to fill in the blanks with what he's singing. They're the most christian sounding non-christian band in history. Hence in the joke:

Scott Stapp is really into the song "Higher" (or whatever) So he's FEELING it. So he completely lets loose and accidentally has a slip.

"CAN YOU TAKE ME HIYAHHH JESUS!"

Then he's like "Oh no, I had a slip, I better recover!"

So he comes back with an "I MEAN... HIYAHHH!!" Like he is supposed to do, further masking his love of Christ and desire to sing songs about him. Then he himself writes a song about the Florida Marlins that is awful:

That is the most amazing thing you've ever heard. No, seriously. Thank me later.
10:25 AM on 06/15/11
karadotcollett
altmusiclife.tumblr.com
User Info.
Now I'm just confused. It's cause I'm stupid.
10:36 AM on 06/15/11
Sam DeBurns Red
User Info.
Now look, I admit, I like some hardcore and metalcore that is slightly generic, and I recognize that, but everything thats come from this label lately is complete garbage. The long lost cousin of Rise Records has returned...
10:37 AM on 06/15/11
Sam DeBurns Red
User Info.
Dude, true this.
10:39 AM on 06/15/11
TwelveTribes230
<>
User Info.
Now look, I admit, I like some hardcore and metalcore that is slightly generic, and I recognize that, but everything thats come from this label lately is complete garbage. The long lost cousin of Rise Records has returned...
Well they just signed Counterparts recently so hopefully they bring something solid to the table with their next release.

But yeah this bands attempt of the pop-punk mixed with breakdowns/hardcore type music is done quite poorly. Also the clean vocals are annoying as hell.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests