AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 313
06:10 PM on 06/15/11
TheDearHunter
User Info.
Casey, is there any way that Thrice and TDH will collaborate? You and Dustin would sound so beautiful together.
I am always down to collaborate, but Dustin seems like a pretty busy guy! maybe send him some suggestive tweets... g rated of course.
fabioadias
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey Casey, Brazilian fan here. I've been spreading the word about The Dear Hunter since I found out about the band back in September 2010.

For how long have you had the idea of expanding your creativity to many different genres of music? Do you feel like these colors themes gave you the opportunity to approach all ranges of music you love?

As a fan I feel like this new album really shows listeners how good of a songwriter you are. I believe not many people would be able to make so many different songs like you did.
BdaMann
User Info.
Just wondering, is Echo in Mixolydian? It kinda has that sort of feel.
zxlkho
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Casey, can you tell us what your setlist will be like on the upcoming tour? Will is be mostly new stuff? Will it include some material from the Acts?

Also, my friend wants to know if he can join lifetime members :P
ciesl279
User Info.
06:11 PM on 06/15/11
JesseKilgannon
User Info.
I agree with the guy about the tour setlist question.
How much material will be from the Color Spectrum? And approximately how long will you guys play?
Elfeckin
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Casey are you influenced at all by soul singers? What I mean is you have the most amazing way of portraying emotion, deep down earnest heart wrenching soul man. =^) I guess my question is who are your favorite singers and who would you say vocally has influenced you the most? Also you are the fecking man. Can't wait to see you in Tampa on the 18th of August.
BetweenWaves
User Info.
It was awesome working with MO. I had 4 songs roughly demoed before heading out, but I wanted to sit with the guys and make sure they could also latch on to the material, so I would say that the sound was definitely due in large part to the time spent together before tracking.
Well it sounds awesome, as well as the other Colors. Thank you and I look forward to seeing you and O'brother at North Star Bar in Philly this summer. Take care.
06:12 PM on 06/15/11
TheDearHunter
User Info.
Hi Casey, thanks for making such mind-blowingly creative music.

Can you say which EP or song you are most proud of? Doesn't have to necessarily be your 'favorite' one.
Thats a really tough question. There are more moments that stick out of the collection that I am proud of. Parts of White, Yellow, Green, Black, Blue... Red... Indigo. violet.orange...
JesseKilgannon
User Info.
Oh yeah, you guys need to try to play Bonnaroo next year. I think you'll go over well.

And Warped Tour, too. Even though it gets shittier every year.
brittanybond
User Info.
I can't assume that the Yellow EP is your favorite just because it features an adorable picture of Aurora SO, do you have a favorite? I personally can't pick one. They all seem to be representative of a different genre. Well done, sir(s).
SilentCity1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey Casey, just wanna I love The Dear Hunter's music and I draw alot of inspiration from your work.

Anyway, one question I have is: Will the complete collection of the color spectrum be released on a physical cd? I know its available in vinyl but I have nothing in which to play vinyl with, and I know its on itunes but I would really prefer to have a physical copy of the cd. Thanks!
06:13 PM on 06/15/11
acodemaster
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Is there one solid concept behind the color spectrum, or is it varied from EP to EP? When coming up with ideas for songs, do you specifically focus on a genre or two, or do you just naturally span across that many genres?
06:13 PM on 06/15/11
brittanybond
User Info.
Also, I look forward to seeing you July 31st in Pittsburgh and August 13th (my 23rd birthday, SHAMELESS PLUG) in Philly.
06:14 PM on 06/15/11
Eliichka
User Info.
Casey, what is the font used in your logo?

Also, can you please play His Hands Matched His Tongue in Brooklyn on Aug 12? I really wanted to hear it at Highland. Favorite song ever.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos