AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 313
07:19 PM on 06/15/11
TheDearHunter
User Info.
Casey, as a long-time fan of your music career, I can say I had a pretty huge expectation when I first heard of the goals you put out for yourself on this collection. Needless to say, my expectations were far far exceeded. This is truly an amazing release and I just want to congratulate you on your hard work and say a huge thank you from your fans. Especially me, as a life-time member, you have done so much to please us and so many very unique things that you never see in the music industry. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you so much.

P.S. Come back to Canada already!
P.P.S. My girlfriend and I just got engaged and you can be sure there will be a lot of Dear Hunter at the ceremony!!
Thank you so much!
kbi the crowing
dr( )ning the days away
User Info.
Also, any possibility of a book following the release of the final act?
gonfreaks
User Info.
First off, absolutely fantastic job on The Color Spectrum. 36 great songs, with distinct sounds between each EP, I'm incredibly impressed.

Some quick questions - has any thought gone into Act IV yet? Will it be another full length or another EP? Are any of the EPs a hint of where you'll go in the Act series?

Also, it was first brought up on the forums here discussing the Red EP, one member swears he hears Jesse Lacey in "A Curse of Cynicism" - any truth to that? (I sort of hear it but that could also be because I'm listening for it)
07:20 PM on 06/15/11
EternallyMused
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The other day I was searching for bands and I found Forgive Durden and I saw that you had sang a song on their album!
Are you planning on doing anything else with other bands?
07:20 PM on 06/15/11
ciesl279
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
As far as the guest vocalists on this record, I didn't feel the need to wait up for anyone... There were a few choice people I really wanted to work with, and I got to work with them. In the future it will be a different set of people, and that will always cycle... and Anthony is a busy person as well.

Planet EPs?
07:21 PM on 06/15/11
xxgracefallenxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey Casey, a fellow Bostonian here. (although i hear you're actually from Andover), anywho, I saw you back in the day with Heavens, and you're live show is so colorful yet almost striped down. How much does what you can what to do live influence what you do on record. I.E When writing a song do you think "how am i going to do this on stage?"
07:22 PM on 06/15/11
A7XXX
Temple Pressure
User Info.
Hi Casey. Thank you so much for doing this chat. I would like to add a request for The Color Spectrum to be made on cd. I'm sure I would not be the only one buying it. Should I give up my hope on this matter at all?
P.S. For the upcoming tour you should be more confident and tell us random stories. We are all friends here and I hope you will be more comfortable talking to us on stage
edenwax
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Firstly, I want to say that I'm a huuuuuge fan. I love the way you write your music, and the Color Spectrum is blowing my mind on several levels. 36 songs is a lot for one album, when did you come up with the idea? How hectic was it to write 36 songs?
Gludd20
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I was blown away by the album artwork to this set, because I was just expecting the solid color of the EP to be the cover of each. Who designed the artwork and there is any significance to each picture (besides the color of course)? '

Also, will you ever re-record any more songs off of the Dear Ms. Leading demos (Economics, mainly)?
theyordman
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey Casey, a fellow Bostonian here. (although i hear you're actually from Andover), anywho, I saw you back in the day with Heavens, and you're live show is so colorful yet almost striped down. How much does what you can what to do live influence what you do on record. I.E When writing a song do you think "how am i going to do this on stage?"
hahahahha. colorful. get it? cause we're talking about the color spectrum? hahahahaha... ill leave now
glEnntropy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What was it like meeting back up with Brendan Brown for the Orange EP?
07:23 PM on 06/15/11
TheDearHunter
User Info.
Casey, you are my musical idol. You are an incredible genius in every sense of the word and thank you for your music. I love every single thing you have put out. The Color Spectrum is amazing, and I can't wait to see you with Kay Kay in August here in Florida.
My question is:
I know you just underwent this enormous musical undertaking with The Color Spectrum, but do you have any idea how Act IV will sound yet? Or an approximate release year? I like my Dear Hunter as theatrical/orchestral as possible, and I hope the next "Act" will continue in that theme.
at the point I decided to devote my time to the color spectrum i sort of momentarily severed the act records from my body... they will definitely grow back, but I am doing my best to stay focused on this project at the moment. That being said, I know that the future of the bands music will most definitely be a melding of everything I have written, from the acts and the spectrum.
07:23 PM on 06/15/11
TriangularDuck
we will set sail the prairie
User Info.
Also, it was first brought up on the forums here discussing the Red EP, one member swears he hears Jesse Lacey in "A Curse of Cynicism" - any truth to that? (I sort of hear it but that could also be because I'm listening for it)

I'm not Casey, but Jesse Lacey is not credited in the linear notes for TCS.
07:24 PM on 06/15/11
TheDearHunter
User Info.
Also, any possibility of a book following the release of the final act?
My parents have actually gotten way into screenwriting, and id love to see a screenplay once all the acts are done.
07:24 PM on 06/15/11
Kimbuhlay
User Info.
Casey, was there any particular song or EP that really pushed you vocally? Your singing is absolutely fantastic.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos