Username
Password

01:53 AM on 07/05/11 
User Info.
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
Sheffield, UK
Male - 24 Years Old
I agree, if What Can I Do from the Freedom: Artists United For International Justice Mission cd is any sign of things to come, I'm excited / I'm excited for anything at this point, haha.
Ahhh... I really want to hear that song! I've listened to it on Youtube. Do you know if you can download it digitally anywhere? I've not been able to find hard copies in the UK unfortunately.
01:55 AM on 07/05/11 
User Info.
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
Sheffield, UK
Male - 24 Years Old
Hey everyone!

I am currently without internet as I've just moved into a new house. It's quite exciting though so please pray for us; we're expecting God to impact the people around us through community living, just loving people and blessing them in whatever way they need.

The new Sleeping at Last EP has been released. My Epic and Hands come out today! It's a good time for music. Can't wait to hear all three releases.

Bless you all!
04:45 AM on 07/05/11 
User Info.
MiloSkibaMkII
More Than A Conqueror
No Avatar Selected
UK
Male - 29 Years Old
Glad you're enjoying ATH! Those guys are true worshippers. Have you listened to both albums?

I listened to both, and like both, but I feel hymns is infinitely better.

I love old hymns, and its great to hear them re-interpreted

'Rock Of Ages cleft for me...' lalala
05:28 PM on 07/05/11 
User Info.
xJesusFreakx
duh please
Beaver County, PA
Male - 25 Years Old
Pre-ordered My Epic (CD with white t-shirt) and Hands (black vinyl) last minute yesterday. Also bought xDisciplex A.D. and No Innocent Victim CDs for $2 each. Pumped for those to arrive in the next week, give or take. Also, new Call to Preserve EP today. Not sure if I want it or not; I've always enjoyed them but never enough to buy anything of theirs. Also, new Sleeping Giant drops next week.

Guess I've been in a current and former Facedown Records roster mood lately.
11:54 PM on 07/05/11 
User Info.
xJesusFreakx
duh please
Beaver County, PA
Male - 25 Years Old
I know it's summer, which means that the average person doesn't give a crap about Christmas music, but both TobyMac and David Crowder*Band have Christmas albums coming out on October 4. I'm a sucker for Christmas music all year 'round, and I'm also a sucker for music by Toby and Crowder, so needless to say, that's going to be a great day for music.

Also, some random Biblical "Story" album is coming out September 27. This isn't very exciting... Well, besides that one song will feature both Michael Tait and Lecrae (and also Blanca Callahan, whoever that is). That's pretty dope.
10:16 AM on 07/07/11 
User Info.
Brand-new-123
Prone to wander
Louisville
Male - 22 Years Old
This thread is terrible and christian music is terrible This is AbsolutePUNK Christian music isnt punk this thread is bad and all religion is bad too

But seriously, The new Hands album was pretty good. It was definitely one of the best releases I've heard recently as far as "heavy" Christian stuff goes.

Also, Bradley Hathaway needs your help to fund his new album.

Finally, I've heard some good things about Josh Garrels and Brooke Waggoner. Are they worth checking out?
06:32 AM on 07/08/11 
User Info.
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
Sheffield, UK
Male - 24 Years Old
This thread is terrible and christian music is terrible This is AbsolutePUNK Christian music isnt punk this thread is bad and all religion is bad too

But seriously, The new Hands album was pretty good. It was definitely one of the best releases I've heard recently as far as "heavy" Christian stuff goes.

Finally, I've heard some good things about Josh Garrels and Brooke Waggoner. Are they worth checking out?

Josh Garrels' album is definitely worth checking out. I haven't listened to the Waggoner record yet unfortunately but I did download it. Both were free which is nice so you might as well give them a try. I cannot wait to hear Hands. And I love Bradley Hathaway so will look into that.
09:40 PM on 07/08/11 
User Info.
karadotcollett
xvx
Atlanta, GA
Female - 21 Years Old
I thought this was funny: http://www.jonacuff.com/stuffchristi...orm/#more-5315
09:52 PM on 07/08/11 
User Info.
popo
I love it when you call me big popo
Idaho
Male

Oneirology avatar! <3
10:10 PM on 07/08/11 
User Info.
xJesusFreakx
duh please
Beaver County, PA
Male - 25 Years Old
My aforementioned Facedown order arrived today. Pumped to rock out Hands while screen printing all day tomorrow.

Kind of disappointed with the My Epic EP, though. They write some quality lyrics and create some quality sounds, but the stripped down approach exposes how poor they are at marrying the two with good songwriting. The acoustic plucking and vocal melodies get so repetitive after a while. I do hope some of the instrumentation here sneaks into their next album, though. If they can combine the stripped, unplugged parts, along with the occasional cello or horns, with Yet's heavy, noisy parts, I think they'll end up with a sound so awesome it'll overshadow their inconsistent songwriting craft.
02:05 PM on 07/09/11 
User Info.
karadotcollett
xvx
Atlanta, GA
Female - 21 Years Old
RYM describes this as Christian shoegaze. I'm loving the instrumentation.

03:23 PM on 07/09/11 
User Info.
Regards
The Silver Shore
Wisconsin
Male - 25 Years Old
Saw tobyMac and Emery last night, both still have it and provide some of my favorite live shows.
04:13 PM on 07/09/11 
User Info.
karadotcollett
xvx
Atlanta, GA
Female - 21 Years Old
I saw Emery open for Relient K and either MxPx or Hawthorne Heights in 05 or 06. Can't remember which show it was for the life of me, but I think I was too immature to enjoy it.
09:09 PM on 07/09/11 
User Info.
xJesusFreakx
duh please
Beaver County, PA
Male - 25 Years Old
Saw tobyMac and Emery last night, both still have it and provide some of my favorite live shows.

Both times I've seen Emery (both at Purple Door, actually), they kind of sucked a little. TobyMac, on the other hand, literally never disappoints. As we both know, I'm a fanboy, so my opinion on this matter should always be taken with a grain of salt, but he's incredible for his age. I love that his stage presence hasn't been phased, and his vocals have in fact gotten much better over time.
11:00 AM on 07/10/11 
User Info.
Joseff
Oxford, UK.
Male - 25 Years Old
Just wanted to take the time to thank you folks for this (and the previous) thread. Found some fairly awesome Christian bands through your suggestions and recommendations. :)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets