|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Questions answered by: Crab of Basement
1. How did you get your band name?
We wanted a short name that didnít mean much.
2. How did this band get started?
Best friends that all loved the same music.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Slow and sad music, hardcore and Mike and the Mechanics.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Michael Buble arena tour would be cool. That or anyone weíve already toured with; they have all been the most incredible people.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Fried chicken and chocolate milk. All free food is good too. Not vegan chilli.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because they like it.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Husain Bolt, my main man.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
My friends, my dog and Claudio Fragasso.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Less bad bands that think theyíre good. Regular bad bands are fine though.
10. Memorable tour experience?
The ferry to mainland Europe with More Than Life and BWP. It was full of uni kids dressed in pajamas, with face paints, etc. They were all horrifically drunk. We all just insulted pretty much everyone there.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Grayscale", off our latest record. I guess it makes sense that newer music is more fun to play, though Iím still not bored of playing most of our older songs.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
New Zealand would be cool. I heard itís a bit like Suffolk; green, but even better.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Squeeze, David Bowie, Sinatra, Crowded House. Thanks DAD.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Be able to fly, that would be the coolest.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
I usually eat too much and regret it. Peanut slaps the bass a bit.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We have the most stupid sense of humour ever. I donít even understand it.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I personally havenít really ever listened to the radio so I donít know if it still does much for bands. Iím not sure the regular radio listeners would love our music, so I donít think weíd flourish. KISS is good doe.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Watch TROLL2, eat good food with friends, go to shows, make zines.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Spanky draws incredible pictures. Alex is a bit American. Andrew makes real tasty food and Ronan has a series of other personalities that include voices, ranging from an old lady to a giant named BOOMER.
11:10 AM on 06/17/11
Good band. We can't be friends if you dislike their new record.
|6. Why should people listen to your band?|
Because they like it.
Pretty much the best answer.
05:06 PM on 06/17/11
Basement is awesome, everyone needs to go pre-order their new album.