Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 15 posts.
09:56 PM on 04/27/07
Melissa Johnson
True Punk Fan
User Info.
It might be cause I'm drunk andd high but iDont get it.??
It is because you're drunk and high.
10:06 PM on 04/27/07
Melissa Johnson
True Punk Fan
User Info.
Are the winners picked randomly from all entrants who correctly answer and submit all required information? I'm not planning to enter, but I figured I'd be the first to ask this in case anyone else might also wonder.
More than likely when I go through all of the submissions that have correct answers they will be selected at random, yes. I took a page from the contest Jon set up in this format - lots of kids entered, but he did first come, first serve and a lot of the later entering kids didn't have a chance. (Especially due to some of the winners submitting entries 5 or 6 times under different emails, hence our 1 entry per person rule and why we ask for so much information.)
10:15 PM on 04/27/07
Melissa Johnson
True Punk Fan
User Info.
What if we don't have a basement?
Then you'll have to find your own accomodations to host the band. Living room, back yard, renting out a space, etc. If you can't then we give the prize to someone else.
10:26 PM on 04/27/07
Melissa Johnson
True Punk Fan
User Info.
Why Isn't Everyone Talking About 1997?!?!?! Best Album Hands Down That Victory Put Out This Year. Thats Obviously Not Saying Much, But The Album Is Amazing From Start To Finish. IF YOU HAVE NOT PICKED IT UP YET...DO IT!
Possibly because this is a thread mainly concerning theAudition? Also, your caps lock tirade got pwned by the AP-posting system.
10:29 PM on 04/27/07
Melissa Johnson
True Punk Fan
User Info.
Also, concerning the fact of the subject title: All entries must have the title AUDITION CONTEST or THE AUDITION CONTEST when emailing them to me. I have a filter set up on my account and all of the entries are being accumulated into 1 folder so they are not being mixed with all of the other mail that is sent to me.
11:08 PM on 04/27/07
Melissa Johnson
True Punk Fan
User Info.
? when I wanted caps for the last line, I put on caps lock.....

I was not talking about 1997 in this thread specifically, I was talking about them in general.

good try!

Then why not create a general discussion in the forums, sure the band is apart of the tour but it seems spammish to put your post in a thread dedicated to a contest for one of their labelmates. And either you meant to capitalize every letter or the feature cut off from caps-lock overload from the rest of the post on your last sentence.
07:23 AM on 04/28/07
Melissa Johnson
True Punk Fan
User Info.
I love ap.net but how much do you guys stand to make from this tour....Which I plan to go to...Honest question.......I don't really understand what happens with tour sponors so I'm just wondering.

Define "stand to make". Because what we make is putting out name out there as a sponsor of it. We've had TV commercials with our names on it, posters, banners, etc. So basically we stand not only being able to support the bands we cover on AP but also get our names out there as well. On our side, its something we're happy about doing. Its helping get the name of the tour out there to the readers of AP.
07:24 AM on 04/28/07
Melissa Johnson
True Punk Fan
User Info.
when would this basement show take place for the winner? is there a set date they have to have it completed by, because if other places need to be determined, a good amount of time is needed to secure a spot, you know?
The date of the show isn't set due to the fact that it'll be worked around the Audition's current tour schedule and the time/date will be set at a later date.
07:26 AM on 04/28/07
Melissa Johnson
True Punk Fan
User Info.
You are right but you also have to factor in that at least 50% of the peple at these shows know about ap.net. Your point is still correct but do sponsors really make money or are they there for "publicity"(lack of a better word)
I do the sponsors for the tour. I'm here solely to not only publicize AP but do publicity for the tours we sponsor on AP and other mediums. (Like Myspace.)
11:58 AM on 04/28/07
Melissa Johnson
True Punk Fan
User Info.
Alright. The question was one of me being curious. It was not to find out if ap.net makes a lot of money. I wanted to know that if person A sponsored a tour like this one, if he would make money. Thank you for your help but I really think you got the wrong idea from my question.. I really don't need you to lecture me about "passion." Tell it to someone else.

If you look around the site, you'll find Jason saying countless times that he makes zero money off of tours, news, interviews, etc. Any money this website makes is strictly through an ad revenue deal we have with indieclick.com.
01:56 PM on 04/28/07
Melissa Johnson
True Punk Fan
User Info.
excessdb.com tried to pull this off as somewhat of a secret show, and you had to decode numbers to find out the headlining band (being theAudition.) i like them quite a bit, but not enough for them to be a secret headlining band.

anyways, it should be a pretty good show, ill probably end up going.

That's awesome. Ours is just basically giving away a private basement show in the winner's own home (or wherever they choose to have it.) Ryan actually gave us the idea.
05:18 PM on 04/28/07
Melissa Johnson
True Punk Fan
User Info.
i saw one of my favorite bands perform in front of me an 5 others. it was extremely boring.
i'd rather go to lunch with my favorite band.
You do know that you can invite any number of people you'd like if you win, correct?
09:19 PM on 04/28/07
Melissa Johnson
True Punk Fan
User Info.
Yes. But even at that maybe 40 people would come? That wouldn't beat a sold out show at Chain Reaction. Not trying to be rude, just trying to say unless it's a full venue i can't really let loose and have tons of fun.

Then don't enter?
07:08 PM on 05/02/07
Melissa Johnson
True Punk Fan
User Info.
For the first question, which lineup are they talking about? Do you want when they had Evo and Bob, or Danny, or the lineup that they have now with Timmy?
Danny seeing as how, neither Bob or Evo are apart of what is theAudition now. Basically what was the first show the current lineup played together.
what if you cant getoutlook express to send you the message?
Try a different e-mail provider?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests