Username
Password
The Audition News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 53.
10:41 PM on 04/27/07
ThankQ4DVenom
graphic & web designer
User Info.
Why Isn't Everyone Talking About 1997?!?!?! Best Album Hands Down That Victory Put Out This Year. Thats Obviously Not Saying Much, But The Album Is Amazing From Start To Finish. IF YOU HAVE NOT PICKED IT UP YET...DO IT!

1997 IS amazing...
11:00 PM on 04/27/07
I.O
stunner
User Info.
Possibly because this is a thread mainly concerning theAudition? Also, your caps lock tirade got pwned by the AP-posting system.

? when I wanted caps for the last line, I put on caps lock.....

I was not talking about 1997 in this thread specifically, I was talking about them in general.

good try!
11:08 PM on 04/27/07
Melissa Johnson
True Punk Fan
User Info.
? when I wanted caps for the last line, I put on caps lock.....

I was not talking about 1997 in this thread specifically, I was talking about them in general.

good try!

Then why not create a general discussion in the forums, sure the band is apart of the tour but it seems spammish to put your post in a thread dedicated to a contest for one of their labelmates. And either you meant to capitalize every letter or the feature cut off from caps-lock overload from the rest of the post on your last sentence.
11:21 PM on 04/27/07
Dan CiTi
To Let The World Be
User Info.
It was a good year/is a real good band.
11:36 PM on 04/27/07
tomgreen680
Good News Everyone
User Info.
I love ap.net but how much do you guys stand to make from this tour....Which I plan to go to...Honest question.......I don't really understand what happens with tour sponors so I'm just wondering.
11:47 PM on 04/27/07
falloutboy.
yo
User Info.
when would this basement show take place for the winner? is there a set date they have to have it completed by, because if other places need to be determined, a good amount of time is needed to secure a spot, you know?
11:50 PM on 04/27/07
falloutboy.
yo
User Info.
I love ap.net but how much do you guys stand to make from this tour....Which I plan to go to...Honest question.......I don't really understand what happens with tour sponors so I'm just wondering.
just having ap.net posted or hung up somewhere at each concert venue on this tour, would be the greatest benefit of teaming up with a tour. you gotta try and get your name out to everyone, you never know who may wonder what ap.net is and when they get home that night, they could be like a millionaire willing to donate money to help such an awesome site..
12:08 AM on 04/28/07
tomgreen680
Good News Everyone
User Info.
just having ap.net posted or hung up somewhere at each concert venue on this tour, would be the greatest benefit of teaming up with a tour. you gotta try and get your name out to everyone, you never know who may wonder what ap.net is and when they get home that night, they could be like a millionaire willing to donate money to help such an awesome site..
You are right but you also have to factor in that at least 50% of the peple at these shows know about ap.net. Your point is still correct but do sponsors really make money or are they there for "publicity"(lack of a better word)
12:44 AM on 04/28/07
mutualaddiction
How am I not myself?
User Info.
Is it the whole tour(The Graduate, 1997, My American Heart Etc.) playing a show? or just THe Audition????
06:24 AM on 04/28/07
eman83
HEAT season over.
User Info.
Is it the whole tour(The Graduate, 1997, My American Heart Etc.) playing a show? or just THe Audition????

Read the rules.
07:23 AM on 04/28/07
Melissa Johnson
True Punk Fan
User Info.

Define "stand to make". Because what we make is putting out name out there as a sponsor of it. We've had TV commercials with our names on it, posters, banners, etc. So basically we stand not only being able to support the bands we cover on AP but also get our names out there as well. On our side, its something we're happy about doing. Its helping get the name of the tour out there to the readers of AP.
07:24 AM on 04/28/07
Melissa Johnson
True Punk Fan
User Info.
when would this basement show take place for the winner? is there a set date they have to have it completed by, because if other places need to be determined, a good amount of time is needed to secure a spot, you know?
The date of the show isn't set due to the fact that it'll be worked around the Audition's current tour schedule and the time/date will be set at a later date.
07:26 AM on 04/28/07
Melissa Johnson
True Punk Fan
User Info.
You are right but you also have to factor in that at least 50% of the peple at these shows know about ap.net. Your point is still correct but do sponsors really make money or are they there for "publicity"(lack of a better word)
I do the sponsors for the tour. I'm here solely to not only publicize AP but do publicity for the tours we sponsor on AP and other mediums. (Like Myspace.)
10:37 AM on 04/28/07
tomgreen680
Good News Everyone
User Info.
What about the other 50 percent? You love this site so much you want to see them top the charts for a long time to come, AP.net broke the mold, these guys keep the wheels greased, and right now the music industry needs every alternative option available. Its about passion my friend, this site is one of the best examples out there, it raw and its real.

Sponsors dont make money on the front end- it the value of the brand, for the most part companies will offer a co marketing opportunity or pay to have their brand associated with brand of an artist, strengthening the community, building an identity. I'll be extremely brief, case in point: Rockstar/Taste of Chaos- Rockstar puts up to the money to market the tour, attracting high profile artist that attract the diehard fans to a new target, thousands of samples of their drink are offered at the venue, the next time that kid goes to the store he will pay the retail price of $3-

another word for publicity=exposure.

the Audition is one of the hardest working bands touring today, why wouldnt you want to see it happen for them? We do.
Alright. The question was one of me being curious. It was not to find out if ap.net makes a lot of money. I wanted to know that if person A sponsored a tour like this one, if he would make money. Thank you for your help but I really think you got the wrong idea from my question.. I really don't need you to lecture me about "passion." Tell it to someone else.
10:38 AM on 04/28/07
applesandcyanid
Trollin' Absolutepunk.
User Info.

Also agreed. Loving that album.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music