Username
Password
Rise Against News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Rise Against
Inside AP.net

Rise Against Make It Stop

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (06/21/11)
Rise Against's music video for "Make It Stop (September's Children)" can be seen in the replies. The band collaborated with It Gets Better for the video.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 52.
10:02 AM on 06/21/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Press ReleaseThe It Gets Better Project and Rise Against shift the spotlight to bullying via “Make it Stop (September’s Children),” a topic Rise Against lead-singer Tim McIlrath says really hasn’t been adequately addressed in the rock scene. "A number of events were the catalyst for the creation of Make It Stop, everything from the suicides in September 2010, to our own fans voicing their fears and insecurities from time to time,” says McIlrath. “I decided to create the song as a response, and when I discovered the It Gets Better campaign and [It Gets Better Project co-founder] Dan Savage's commitment to such an important and concise message, I was moved. I immediately felt that if our song is the road, then the It Gets Better campaign is the destination. I hope the synergy between the two can reach people and make a difference."

"Tim McIlrath has written a powerful song," It Gets Better Project co-founder Dan Savage said. "With the release of 'Make It Stop' and the accompanying video, Rise Against is sending the message to its fan base that the bullying and harassment of LGBT teens needs to stop and that suicide isn't a solution."

Award-winning director Marc Klasfeld directed the "Make It Stop" music video in Chicago at Tim McIlrath’s high school alma mater. “I've been a fan of Rise Against for a while and it was amazing to work with them on this special video,” Klasfeld said. “As soon as I heard the song, I knew a powerful video could be made that could potentially help people and I jumped at the chance to be a part of it.”

The video depicts the band performing the song in the high school gymnasium alongside moving scenes of individuals from the LGBT community experiencing and coping with bullying from their peers in high school. The music video also includes snippets of multiple youtube submissions provided by the It Gets Better Project, with individuals sharing their stories and letting viewers know that “it gets better.”

10:05 AM on 06/21/11
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
if only their music was as good as their message like siren song...
10:34 AM on 06/21/11
simplejack
Soundtrack of My Silence
User Info.
I would've preferred Architects as the next single.. btw that intro is TOO similar to Bouvelard of Broken Dreams'.
10:46 AM on 06/21/11
Mikey18244
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This video is good,the intro does sound like Boulevard of Broken Dreams tho but the lyrics match really well to this project,some additional comments id like to address is that 1.Lesbians are hot & 2.When i was in school NOBODY picked on the gay kids they just didnt really talk to them,all the gays in school would whine out for attention trying to make people feel bad for them.
10:50 AM on 06/21/11
CrashThisCar789
Live Inspired
User Info.
This video is good,the intro does sound like Boulevard of Broken Dreams tho but the lyrics match really well to this project,some additional comments id like to address is that 1.Lesbians are hot & 2.When i was in school NOBODY picked on the gay kids they just didnt really talk to them,all the gays in school would whine out for attention trying to make people feel bad for them.
So what you're saying is that the message is neither valid nor worth writing a song about because you didn't see it happen with your own eyes? I guess those kids didn't really kill themselves either.
10:52 AM on 06/21/11
only the clouds
throw your body on the bad times
User Info.
I'm so glad RA wrote this song and made this video.
10:54 AM on 06/21/11
CrashThisCar789
Live Inspired
User Info.
For the record, I teared up.
11:05 AM on 06/21/11
nikster
User Info.
I teared up watching that. Such a powerful song/video.
11:06 AM on 06/21/11
Zorlak
Crusher Destroyer
User Info.
I really was expecting Satellite as their next single but they did made a great video for the song. I hope Satellite is the 3rd single.
11:13 AM on 06/21/11
jmakuta7
User Info.
i'd be happy if girls came into the bathroom tied me up and kissed me..
11:15 AM on 06/21/11
WordsAndFears
easy goes
User Info.
While the entire album is great in my opinion, this song is by far the strongest. And, if nothing else, carries the heaviest, and most important message. This is probably the fourth or fifth time I've seen this video (it was leaked elsewhere on the web earlier I think) and it still moves me. Thank you Rise Against, for writing this song, and making this video.
11:15 AM on 06/21/11
|adr3naLine|
Straight outa Compton!
User Info.
Cool story dickhead.
11:23 AM on 06/21/11
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
Your ignorance is showing.
11:27 AM on 06/21/11
UnlockedDoors
Will we ever wake up?
User Info.
It seems like people are losing respect for Rise Against because of their changing sound, but though I do agree their music has been stronger, they're still talented musicians that have great messages in their lyrics. This song in particular is about an issue really close to me that isn't often addressed in rock music, and it hits me hard. I gained so much respect for them when they made this song, especially now with this video.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests