Username
Password
Cute is What We Aim For News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Cute is What We Aim For
Inside AP.net

Nocturnal Me Release Info

Posted by: Ryan Gardner (06/23/11)
Nocturnal Me (Dave Melillo/ex-Cute Is What We Aim For) will release their upcoming EP, Two Faced, on July 19 via Apparition Records. The full press release is in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 23
08:55 AM on 06/23/11
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Press ReleaseApparition Records is delighted to announce a July 19th release date and unveil the details for Nocturnal Me’s third EP and Apparition Records debut – ‘Two Faced’. After signing in early 2011, the band embarked upon New York’s GCR Audio studios (Goo Goo Dolls, B.O.B., Jessie J) in late-April for two weeks, to record and self-produce a quintet of pop songs that were as eclectic as the band’s wide range of influences.

Speaking about the EP, frontman Dave Melillo states; “Song for song, this EP kills the other two. Each song is bigger and better. This EP embodies what Nocturnal Me WAS supposed to be from the beginning.” With songs ranging from first single “Love Is A Lie” – a upbeat pop number that experiments with electronic sounds and sports an R&B vibe – to “Weeknd” – a club anthem Mike Posner wishes he wrote, a song Melillo says will “ruffles some feathers – to saxophone-led rock number “Without You,” Nocturnal Me have succeeded in creating an album that showcases their wide range of influences while creating a pop album with outstanding musicianship.

Commenting on the album title and looking forward to the future, Melillo confides; “I've done a lot of things recently that made me question the person I was and the values I've had up until now. I saw a different side to me than I ever did before and a lot of these songs came about because of that discovery. I am so excited that we even got to the point of releasing a third EP with the help of a label. Remember: This band started as a "spin off" of Cute Is What We Aim For. We should have lasted for 1 release, maybe. But instead, this project has developed into something I will continue to build for the rest of my life. This is my alter ego. I am Nocturnal Me.”

Tracklisting1. Get You Back
2. Love Is A Lie
3. Weeknd
4. Without You
5. Call Me

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Artwork.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	602.0 KB
ID:	52272  
08:58 AM on 06/23/11
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
Can't agree with this EP being better than the first. This one is just kinda weird. I dunno.

/some comment about how I want a solo EP.
08:58 AM on 06/23/11
cwhit412
User Info.
EP Will surprise everyone.
09:00 AM on 06/23/11
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Can't agree with this EP being better than the first. This one is just kinda weird. I dunno.

I agree
09:03 AM on 06/23/11
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
I mean I'll pretty much like anything Dave sings on but I'd probably like this more if it was the first thing he released haha.
09:04 AM on 06/23/11
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Is jeff not in this anymore?
09:10 AM on 06/23/11
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
I mean I'll pretty much like anything Dave sings on but I'd probably like this more if it was the first thing he released haha.
There's just too much going on here ha
09:16 AM on 06/23/11
apparitionrecs
Music comes first
User Info.

Solo mixtape coming later this year! But yes, it is weird. The one comment everyone has made is that every song sounds different. The band are very happy with how it's turned out and so we are! Glad you gave it a listen!

EP Will surprise everyone.

Yep, it will surprise people. Not sure how you know that considering we haven't sent it out to you yet though... maybe you're clairvoyant?

Is jeff not in this anymore?

Jeff is in the band and recorded this EP with the rest of the band!
09:30 AM on 06/23/11
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
this sounds like it's gonna be all over the place....

...also, Dave solo comment
09:59 AM on 06/23/11
rollerman4221
Woof!
User Info.
This EP should be quality, probably will be picking it up

*Dave solo comment*

*brag about probably seeing Dave play solo tonight in orlando*
10:53 AM on 06/23/11
cwhit412
User Info.
Solo mixtape coming later this year! But yes, it is weird. The one comment everyone has made is that every song sounds different. The band are very happy with how it's turned out and so we are! Glad you gave it a listen!

Yep, it will surprise people. Not sure how you know that considering we haven't sent it out to you yet though... maybe you're clairvoyant?

Jeff is in the band and recorded this EP with the rest of the band!

Matt sent it to me. We're talking about a few things.
11:25 AM on 06/23/11
John_Barnes
I'm not a self help book.
User Info.
Heard track 2 last night. So good.
12:21 PM on 06/23/11
apparitionrecs
Music comes first
User Info.
Matt sent it to me. We're talking about a few things.

Ah, my bad. Glad you like it!
12:25 PM on 06/23/11
Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
cant wait, is that a major label ??
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News