Username
Password
Smartpunk News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Smartpunk
Inside AP.net

The Dangerous Summer Pre-Sale Packages

Posted by: Rohan Kohli (06/23/11)
Smartpunk has launched their Dangerous Summer pre-sale packages.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 49
10:38 AM on 06/23/11
cbaksa
www.acommonyear.com
User Info.
Dammit. I pre-ordered from Hopeless' website. More expensive and the poster isn't autographed. Awesome.
10:39 AM on 06/23/11
blowmybutthole
User Info.
Poster Tube!
10:41 AM on 06/23/11
4Glory
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
0 for 2 on the shirt designs now.

Could have been decent with the city picture behind it, buy hey lets just smear some black around for the hell of it.
10:41 AM on 06/23/11
tell that mick
@mickrouse
User Info.
Pretty good deals. Really like the poster.
10:49 AM on 06/23/11
Stephin_DC
Registered Member
User Info.
If i get a poster, do I have to buy a tube??, I've never bought a poster online before
10:49 AM on 06/23/11
Until The Bombs
@_johnleary
User Info.
Vinyl + shirt (the package I was hoping Hopeless would carry) for $3 more than I bought the vinyl from Hopeless.

Nice job by the label! Inconsiderate to the fans of their bands, the few that are actually still buying music. Yeah, SmartPunk doesn't have the coke bottle clear vinyl, but that's only a selling point if you're fair to your customers and let them know all the options. Good business practice. Next time I'll just wait for the leak.
10:52 AM on 06/23/11
saveferris
Fine, I tried
User Info.
I think I might do this one. It's better than the Hopeless one IMO
10:53 AM on 06/23/11
MattRM
She didn't turn out to be that cool
User Info.
Vinyl + shirt (the package I was hoping Hopeless would carry) for $3 more than I bought the vinyl from Hopeless.

Nice job by the label! Inconsiderate to the fans of their bands, the few that are actually still buying music. Yeah, SmartPunk doesn't have the coke bottle clear vinyl, but that's only a selling point if you're fair to your customers and let them know all the options. Good business practice. Next time I'll just wait for the leak.
I preordered from Hopeless too, and I'm kinda bummed, but I really don't think this is some big business scheme on the part of Hopeless. And next time you'll just wait for the leak? Even if this was Hopeless's fault, you're going to hurt the band by not preordering their album just to get back at the label?
10:56 AM on 06/23/11
cbaksa
www.acommonyear.com
User Info.
So here's my question: who's in charge of this pre-order shit?

And further, why does it always seem that the die-hard fans who pre-order the most substantial bundle as soon as they possibly can end up getting screwed when a more affordable, comparable (sometimes better) deal comes out three weeks later?

I'm sure the actual band has nothing to do with it, but this seems to happen a lot.
10:57 AM on 06/23/11
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
shirt looks good
10:57 AM on 06/23/11
bojl
asdf
User Info.
damn, i always preorder too early
11:05 AM on 06/23/11
Micah511
Let's Talk About Your Hair
User Info.
i want to get that vinyl tshirt package but i sure like the way that coke bottle green vinyl from merchnow looks. decisions...
11:06 AM on 06/23/11
Until The Bombs
@_johnleary
User Info.
I preordered from Hopeless too, and I'm kinda bummed, but I really don't think this is some big business scheme on the part of Hopeless. And next time you'll just wait for the leak? Even if this was Hopeless's fault, you're going to hurt the band by not preordering their album just to get back at the label?

Scheme or not, which I didn't imply, it's poor practice. Given the upfront production time, it's safe to assume that Hopeless was aware of the variants of pre-order packages when they put their's up.

Collateral damage.
11:08 AM on 06/23/11
eriatarka24
User Info.
If i get a poster, do I have to buy a tube??, I've never bought a poster online before
yeah usually you do so the poster doesn't get folded
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums