AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

01:29 AM on 08/27/11 
User Info.
xhmnimx
They made me do it.
Male - 22 Years Old
Yep! One of the main things that irritated me about it was Mike's new found love for barking like a hoarse dog. I loved the way he used to scream.

Yeah, I don't care for his new highs. I miss his old screaming so much too. If he kept that and his newer lows, it's be perfect.

Also, Plagues was the best, in my opinion. Then Dear Love and Zombie.
05:22 AM on 08/27/11 
User Info.
CalRahhh
I Want That You Are Always Happy
NSW, Australia
Male - 22 Years Old
Mike's vocals always seem to vary in quality between albums. Maybe it's just the production, i dunno. But I think he sounded best on the Zombie EP, and worst on With Roots Above.
06:42 AM on 08/27/11 
User Info.
xJesusFreakx
duh please
PA
Male - 25 Years Old
I'm surprised people like his old vocals more than his current style. His ridiculous old high screams used to be a major factor in me considering this band a joke, but the way he does them now actually sounds like something I'd listen to on my own accord. The lows still sound kind of goofy to me, though.
07:40 AM on 08/27/11 
User Info.
trappedintime
Yea, you were right about me
Florida
Male - 23 Years Old
Despite what others may think, I think Plagues is a good album. I think that song you're talking about is "Louder than Thunder." You're right about that haha

I can't wait to hear this!

Plagues is still my favorite album from them but I get the criticism. Yea that one! It's terrible.

Yeah, I don't care for his new highs. I miss his old screaming so much too. If he kept that and his newer lows, it's be perfect.

Also, Plagues was the best, in my opinion. Then Dear Love and Zombie.

agreed.
07:44 AM on 08/27/11 
User Info.
escapeartist19
Metalhead
Canada
Male - 19 Years Old
I'm getting kind of annoyed by the people (not just on here, people on other sites as well) complaining about Mikes Vocals. In Dear love and Plagues he used a technique called False-Chord screaming, which gives off a real raspy sound and puts less strain on your voice. In Roots, Zombie, and Dead Throne hes just naturally screaming allowing him to give off more raw power and more projection. So his highs are exactly the same for WRAABB, zombie and Dead Throne. And for his lows, the reason why his lows sound like hes screaming with a stuffed up nose is because the album is supposed to be aggressive, and with is new lows it definitely sounds more in your face aggressive and less Deathcorey and Growly. But other then that the album is amazing and easily their best work :D
08:19 AM on 08/27/11 
User Info.
Buster Bluth
CT
Male - 22 Years Old
Mike is one of the best vocalists in the scene. I don't know why people are complaining. If you don't agree, you probably don't like metalcore anyways. This album fuckin slays.
08:20 AM on 08/27/11 
User Info.
escapeartist19
Metalhead
Canada
Male - 19 Years Old
Mike is one of the best vocalists in the scene. I don't know why people are complaining. If you don't agree, you probably don't like metalcore anyways. This album fuckin slays.

Thank God there our other people like me that agree xD
10:19 AM on 08/27/11 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
Mike's vocals have gotten better with each release.
10:21 AM on 08/27/11 
User Info.
UpperNinety
Aretha Franklin's Hat
Katy, TX
Male - 30 Years Old
I wholeheartedly agree.
12:56 PM on 08/27/11 
User Info.
xhmnimx
They made me do it.
Male - 22 Years Old
It's all a matter of opinion. Just stating mine. They're still my favorite.
03:04 PM on 08/27/11 
User Info.
escapeartist19
Metalhead
Canada
Male - 19 Years Old
It's all a matter of opinion. Just stating mine. They're still my favorite.

Haha I know, not bashing your opinion, im just kinda confused by you saying you don't like his "new" highs but yet his highs have sounded the same since WRABB lol
03:20 PM on 08/27/11 
User Info.
xhmnimx
They made me do it.
Male - 22 Years Old
Haha I know, not bashing your opinion, im just kinda confused by you saying you don't like his "new" highs but yet his highs have sounded the same since WRABB lol

Oh, no. That's what I was meaning as in newer highs, the highs since With Roots. I mean, I suppose I do like them, just not as much as his old highs. Hahah. Mike will always be one of my favorite vocalists regardless.

I do like the new shouts, though.
04:10 PM on 08/27/11 
User Info.
escapeartist19
Metalhead
Canada
Male - 19 Years Old
Oh, no. That's what I was meaning as in newer highs, the highs since With Roots. I mean, I suppose I do like them, just not as much as his old highs. Hahah. Mike will always be one of my favorite vocalists regardless.

I do like the new shouts, though.

Oh haha okay gotcha lol
04:24 PM on 08/27/11 
User Info.
xhmnimx
They made me do it.
Male - 22 Years Old
I've been listening to this album non stop. It's incredible. But the only other thing I wish Dead Throne had was more keyboard parts. When there is keyboard parts, they're very subtle, for the most part.
02:42 PM on 08/28/11 
User Info.
werealldudes19
I'm best known for failure
bangor,pa
Male - 23 Years Old
This album is absolutely awesome. It's pretty metal, but they keep their TDWP feel. I keep picking up on new things in all the songs.
Vengeance is my early favorite, but I could latch on to another.
This may be my AOTY

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version