Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 88.
12:59 AM on 06/25/11
anamericangod
User Info.
from this review I couldn't really discern whether you liked Nothing Persoanal
Loved it. It is more pop than punk, but the songs were still incredibly solid and they still had an edge to their sound. There are plenty of parts on that record where the band really shines.

On Dirty Work, there is not.
01:45 AM on 06/25/11
simplejack
Soundtrack of My Silence
User Info.
agree about Nothing Personal, agree about Dirty Work. Wonderful review (which was more of an open letter to ATL than an actual review).
03:44 AM on 06/25/11
sydneyphernelia
The best I ever had
User Info.
No matter how bad Dirty Work is, I'll still be seeing them in September. What's sad though is I won't listen to Dirty Work enough to know the words to three quarters of their setlist...
05:59 AM on 06/25/11
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
Absolutely agree with all of this. Even though it still will probably be in my top 10 hehe.
10:13 AM on 06/25/11
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Very nice. I still spin their old stuff all the time and really enjoy NP, so here's to hoping their next effort is better. I'm sure it will be.
10:16 AM on 06/25/11
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
On first listen I was incredibly disappointed wig everything but Heroes. On second listen I couldn't wait for the album to be over. I have bow deleted the whole album, except Heroes, off my portable music device.
10:17 AM on 06/25/11
TZE
User Info.
review is totally right about this being over produced.. its sad that even so this doesn't even pass off as a catchy pop album. it was hard to live through every track..
10:49 AM on 06/25/11
WeWereGiants
Cold hands, Lips blue
User Info.
If they'd released an EP of Heroes, Guts, Under A Paper Moon and Do You Want Me Dead, it probably would have been EPOTY. Those songs prove that the band is still capable of great music.
11:32 AM on 06/25/11
cwhit412
User Info.
It's basically you fanboying over one of your favorite bands, trying to hold on to the last strands of hope of the band's older albums (all of which have easily waned over time, as I've gotten older. which is funny, because you were older than I am now when that album came out), and coming off as a pompous ass over how "outside forces" made this album the way it is. I will bet that the band thought this album was a good idea for their popularity. Give it up Joe, and grow the fuck up.
12:12 PM on 06/25/11
crf1895
get kinda awesome
User Info.
If they'd released an EP of Heroes, Guts, Under A Paper Moon and Do You Want Me Dead, it probably would have been EPOTY. Those songs prove that the band is still capable of great music.
agreed. i'm not that into 'do you want me (dead?)' but i see why it is considered one of the best songs on the record. the other 3 are a step forward, while the rest seems like a step to the side (of mainstream). i can't say they didn't progress, even with all the sugar that was layered on this album.
12:25 PM on 06/25/11
lindsay_
heh
User Info.
ATL wants to become a radio band, and so what if they do?
the record's catchy. i agree that its not as good as put up or shut up and their other ones, but its not terrible.
01:18 PM on 06/25/11
Dankskiii
User Info.
I do too. I just hope it's the next record.
i hope they make it to another album.
01:20 PM on 06/25/11
Dankskiii
User Info.
Absolutely agree with all of this. Even though it still will probably be in my top 10 hehe.
ill look out for that 6 months from now, ill be shocked to say the least unless youll make some skrillah by doing so
02:42 PM on 06/25/11
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
ill look out for that 6 months from now, ill be shocked to say the least unless youll make some skrillah by doing so

I got paid $500 just for that post actually.
06:08 PM on 06/25/11
anamericangod
User Info.
It's basically you fanboying over one of your favorite bands, trying to hold on to the last strands of hope of the band's older albums (all of which have easily waned over time, as I've gotten older. which is funny, because you were older than I am now when that album came out), and coming off as a pompous ass over how "outside forces" made this album the way it is. I will bet that the band thought this album was a good idea for their popularity. Give it up Joe, and grow the fuck up.

Are you a fucking idiot? How am i fanboying over a band that I barely gave a 60 something rating to? I don't know what your vendetta against me is, but it is rather obnoxious. Hearing "grow the fuck up" from an 18 year old is laughable.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums